4,158 results
All reviews club room straits cafe orchard road bras basah road junior suite mrt stations plaza singapura national museum food republic dhoby ghaut central location little india excellent location late check bus stop public transport an upgrade
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was such a pleasant staycation, we booked a room to celebrate our anniversary. Started out just for a night and we decided to extend another night, we love the high bed which was very comfortable, the hotel room was clean and cosy. We extended our stay with the hotel manager asisstance, her name was Ms Iffah. And the service she rendered were splendid and heartwarming, after settling our booking and making small chats during the wait, she found out tt we were celebrating our anniversary, and prepared a nice surprise for us, as soon as we were back tt evening. It was so heartwarming and made the stay extra special. I will definitely come back, and for the exceptional service and experience , rendezvous is definitely my first choice for a staycation within singapore. The location is also near to the cathay, plaza singapura, 7 eleven, delicious restaurant below called straits, and suntec city. Very convenient! And yea teo heng ktv is also located in the same building extension at level 2.
Awesome!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nyramunirah
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Club room in Rendezvous is definitely worth staying in. The room itself is not particularly big, but the club facilities are excellent.

You'll feel well taken care of. The staff posted at the club lounge are helpful, friendly and accommodating. During cocktail hours at the lounge from 6-8pm daily, they'll even fix you drinks from wine to whisky, cocktails from Moscow Mules to Margaritas, to accompany your indulgence in the small bites, which are generally of good quality and taste.

Throughout the day, you can help yourself to snacks, fruit, tea and coffee at the lounge. Until 11pm.

Dayang, Jack, Sophia, Dhivyan and Kathleen (by rotation) did a marvellous job of making guests feel at home during my stay.

Breakfast is of course complimentary, and you can either have it at the club lounge or in the main Straits Cafe on the ground floor. I recommend opting for the latter because the international spread provided there is wider. The food at breakfast is also good in quality and taste. You usually get fruit that is sweet. The smoked salmon is fresh. The Nasi Lemak is fragrant; no stinting on the coconut milk.

If you are a durian aficionado, I'd recommend trying the Straits Cafe's Pengat Durian. That's a side order, however. You could have it at teatime perhaps. It's really yummy.

Back to the room. What I like most about it is the Japanese-style built-in bidet in the toilet bowl. It cleans without your having to lift a finger, so to speak! Except to press the necessary buttons to get it going.

It's also nice having a complimentary minibar that includes nuts, potato crisps and two cans of beer daily. And also complimentary laundry for two items of clothing daily.

There's an armchair in the room for reading, which is nice. But the light from the stand lamp behind it is, unfortunately, not cast over the reader's shoulder. So you'll be left reading in semi-darkness.

I have a grouse also with the light controls, which requires you to switch off individual lights on a master board located on the bedside table. That's not convenient. I'd prefer each light to have its own independent switch.

Another grouse is with the air-conditining. Although I set it at 18 degrees and on high fan, the temperature didn't feel that cool. Not even after the hotel's technical staff had been called and he had changed the filter. It did improve the situation but something was still lacking!

On the whole, however, the positive Club experience overwhelmed the little grouses. And that certainly made my three-night stay a very pleasant one.

Room tip: Go for the Club floor (11th)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank ktchye
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I was living in Singapore I used to live near the hotel so am very familiar with everything around the hotel. Great location, close to 2 MRT stations with multiple lines, big shopping mall (Plaza Singapura) just a block away, and tons of eatery options from food court to restaurants nearby, SUPER CONVENIENT!
Room is clean and very spacious. Service from staff is excellent, and price is reasonable for what you get (I got a weekend deal so even better!)
The only small issue with me is that the toiletries could do with some upgrade - a 4-star hotel like this still uses the cheap 2-in-1 conditioning shampoo? But overall, great value! I will return next time when I visit Singapore and will recommend to anyone who doesn't want to spend too much money on a 5-star hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank 323lynnz
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful hotel in such a central location! The suites we stayed in were immaculate but what was the most impressive was the staff. They are so lovely and helpful and truly made our stay at the hotel an enjoyable one.

Special thanks for Sofia and the team for being so accommodating and helpful. Such helpful and friendly staff made it seem like we were being treated like family.

Will definitely stay there again during our next visit to Singapore.

Nath Family

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Soonalovestravel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rendezvous hotel has some of the best staff in the world but the hotel is ridiculous. I stayed in the hotel for 5 days but I don't think I will do it again. The bed was of a low quality. Same bedsheet for the whole period - they just re-laid it. the towels were old. Bathroom? Horrible! Water would sip out of the bath; wet floor; a gate to a terrible slip and fall. The rooms were noisy - you could hear everyone walking in the passage.

But the TV is good. The internet is good but it fluctuates. Help desk is good. Check out was quick.

Wont return there again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DouglasFernandez, Hotel Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear oluwoleolatunji,

Thank you for sharing your review of Rendezvous Hotel Singapore.

We are sorry to learn of the issues that marred your stay including the linen and room insulation. It is regrettable that we were not aware that you encountered these challenges for our team would otherwise have gladly extended their immediate assistance and moved you to a more comfortable room.

In spite of these shortfalls, we are heartened however by your comments about the excellent team members in the hotel.

We hope that we can be of service to you once again in the near future. Please do email me at douglasfernandez@fareast.com.sg if I may assist you in directly booking your return visit.

Kind Regards,