“sort of high tech rooms”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #57 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bucharest, Romania
“sort of high tech rooms”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

After 2 weeks spent in Bali (where we had some serious adventures with the hotels) we ended up in Singapore, at this hotel. It was haven. Clean hotel, modern rooms, nice staff (though a bit reluctance when we asked for an extra power adapter). Everything in the room (light&AC) is controlled from a device from the nightstand). The room was also pretty spacious with a really comfy bed. Nice pool though the water was a bit too cold for me. This hotel had the BEST breakfast selection i have ever encountered. A lot of food and really really goood. Also it has a nice location, close to the subway and to a shopping center.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear JoannaO1,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed our wide breakfast selection, the clean room and our friendly staff. I am wondering what kind of difficulties you encountered when you requested for a power adapter, and would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly via e-mail: info.rhs@fareast.com.sg.

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Beautiful art pieces greet you in this grand dame hotel.

We recently had a 2-days workshop in the hotel. The facility and services provided by the banquet team, especially David and Stephen were exceptionally attentive and helpful.

Lunch was at the Straits Café. Great selection of local dishes, tasty and service by the wait staff, Rajan was proactive and helpful.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear alexsfish,

Thank you very much for your review, and especially for recognizing our Banquet team. I am sure David and his team feel very motivated reading their names here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and in the meantime I remain with warmest regards,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Excellent location in the central city of Singapore, an outstanding hotel for those of us who desire a welcoming environment with easy access to all Singapore has to offer. Having spent many days at this hotel during my travels, I can vouch that from the moment you enter the Hotel you are made welcome, a special thanks to Chef Concierge Nor’ Azali Rais a most knowledgeable and helpful concierge. If you need anything - in-house or information as to activities, MRT or the buses etc - I thoroughly recommend you talk to him. As a traveler you need to be realistic; I wager the service is just as good as any in the world - the rooms may not be overly large but they have a fridge, coffee /tea facilities/TV/Wi-Fi etc. The rooms are very clean, well maintained by the cleaning staff (thank you all for your efforts). The Club Room Staff were brilliant, very friendly and attentive - thanks to Rachelle, Rodger and Connie - who went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. If you wish to stay in a hotel with a clean friendly environment, pool, exercise gym and a quality restaurant at reasonable prices I can and do recommend this Hotel.
James Sykes

Room Tip: All rooms very clean and tidy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear jamiewsykes,

Thank you for your review, and for recognising Nor"Azali, Rachelle, Rodger and Connie. I am happy to learn they made a difference to your stay, and your praise will motivate them to keep up the passion and genuine care and concern for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and I remain in the meantime with warmest regards,

Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed a week at this hotel and from the very time that I checked in, the service and hospitality displayed by staff exceeded my expectations. I wanted to surprise my wife with an early birthday celebration and duty manager Patrick very kindly offered to provide a cake for the occasion. In addition, I was upgraded to a high floor at no further cost when I requested for a room with a newer TV that had a USB port so that I could watch movies off my external hard drive. Patrick, My wife and I would like to thank you for making our stay at your hotel happy and memorable. We will come back!

• Stayed May 2014
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear VincentLSingapore,

Thank you for staying with us on this special occasion, and I am happy to learn that Patrick made it even more special. I am sure he will be extremely thrilled to see his name here on TripAdvisor and to know that his genuine care has been noticed.

We hope we can welcome you back soon, and I remain in the meantime with warmest regards,

Burnham-on-Crouch
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Excellent air con, an essential in Singapore, and the outdoor pool was perfect for an early morning swim or cooling down after a day sightseeing. Very close to entrance to air conditioned underground passageway that leads to underground station. Excellent breakfast available in the adjoining The Courtyard for under SGP$ 10, or for even less in the food court under the university building opposite. Staff very friendly and the room maids kept the room clean, tidy and well stocked with the freebies at all hours. Taxis always available from covered carpark at very reasonable cost, about SGP$ 16 to the airport for example. Only a few minutes walk from the National Museum of Singapore, which is very informative - take the free guided tour of one hour if available. We had a standard room, comfortable bed and no noise at all. I would certainly recommend and we hope to stay here again. Didn't give it an excellent rating only because I wanted to leave a higher grade for a superlative hotel where we stayed in Egypt.

Room Tip: Our standard room on the 8th floor was fine, very comfortable bed, no noise at all and copious hot w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear June_Anne_12,

I guess it is ok to be topped in your eyes by a superlative hotel, and I am happy to read your good comments about our people, the cleanness and the breakfast. Having said that, I would like to leave you no choice but to give us an excellent rating for your next visit, so please do reach out to me any time to let me know what more we can do to make your stay perfect.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We upgraded to club room which turned out to be a perfect move. Room was nice and quiet. Only downside was extremely hard bed. Club Rendezvous with free drinks and snacks was excellent! Location couldn't be better, very close to 2 MRT stations. Breakfast was ok. Walking distance to shopping malls and a hawker centre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jari R.,

Great to read that you found the Club experience to be good value for money, and that you liked our newly launched "comfort food" as we call it. I am sorry your bed was too hard. You should have let us know right away. Please ask for your next visit for a softer bed, so our Housekeeper can do some magic to make your sleep more comfortable.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This isn't one of the biggest or plushest hotels on Singapore but don't let that put you off. I cant praise this hotel enough. It is in a fantastic location. The Hop on Hop off tour bus stops literally outside the front door. There is also a MRT station literally 1 minute walk from the hotel. There is plenty to do and see, shop and eat within walking distance. We stayed in the club level rooms, although a little more money, It is definitely good value for money. Included in the club level price was a very good breakfast with a great variety. there was also canapés served in the afternoon, and cocktail's and canapés in the evening. The bedrooms where clean and modern and very comfortable. They where also very quiet allowing for good sleep The bathroom came with a refreshing rain shower. What sells this hotel though has to be the staff. The staff in this hotel have to be the best I have ever encountered. They anticipated our every need and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We will definitely be returning to The Rendezvous hotel.

Room Tip: Although slightly dearer, it is definitely great value for money to book the club lounge level.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank potter-murphy
Dear potter-murphy,

What a great review, thank you so much. Not only does it make us very happy how much you enjoyed your stay on our new club level, which we are spending much time and effort on, but the fact that it was our staff which stood out in your mind. Drop me a line before your next visit, I would like to ensure we don't miss any opportunity to keep you that happy.

Warmest regards,