“excellent hotel”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #55 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“excellent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am visiting Singapore since 40 years and I've stayed in many hotels. I think after Rendezvous I'm not going to change again as it is perfect for my standards. Excellent position, good staff, clean hotel, free internet, everything you may need is within walking distance, close to MRT (2 minutes walk), rooms are well furnished and big enough. Of course there are many other more luxurious hotels with more frills, bigger rooms and real 5 stars services, but what about the price? This hotel is affordable and has a very good price for what you get. If you need a place where to be with very good standard and well priced, don't look for other solutions unless you need to stay in certain area far from Orchard Road.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pinocut
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Pinocut, we are truly flattered by your comments. Our philosophy is affordability and providing what our guests really need to be happy, and a little more. We look forward to becoming your home away from home from now on, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly should I be of any assistance.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our stay at this centrally located hotel in March was everything we hoped for & more. The Club Floor Staff from housekeeping to management were friendly & most helpful. My Club room is of adequate size and comfortable for the night's rest.

As we were celebrating our 13th anniversary, we were looking for a staycation opportunity to enjoy a short break. The Club management took special effort to give us a special surprise in our room (decorated pink rose petals and 2 beautifully folded towel swans!) as well as a lovely cake.

Thanks to Rendezvous Hotel Singapore for a wonderful treat!

Room Tip: Club Rooms are located on the highest floor and is quiet for guest who is looking for a short getawa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HouseOfAng
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear HouseOfAng,

Great that you enjoyed your stay on our Club level, and I am happy to learn that our team has once again found an opportunity to surprise and show there genuine care for you as our valued guest. I do hope you come back soon for more, and remain in the meantime with warmest regards,

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just returned from spending two weeks in the Rendezvous, and I was very pleased with the hotel and the service. My room was very comfortable and spotless. I must add to another reviewer that the TV choices are very poor. For me they were basically CNN or BBC, and the Fox movie channel has the most bizarre selection of mostly bad movies I've ever seen. You can't beat the location, as you can easily walk to either Orchard Road shopping or the colonial district with museums and the Raffles Hotel (always a treat even when you don't stay there). I really struggle to find anything negative about this hotel as I found the staff and the facilities to be excellent. One tip--If you like pastries at breakfast, don't be an early bird. They don't put out the fresh baked goods until around 7:30. Other than that, the breakfast buffet has great variety, and the omelets and waffles are especially good. I plan to stay at the Rendezvous the next time I am in Singapore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gingerlee13
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear gingerlee2013, thank you for your praise, and more so for your constructive feedback. Let me assure you I am working on expanding our list of TV channels, and I would assume by the time you come back, you'll find a much more entertaining selection. As for the freshly baked pastry items, please accept my apologies. Due to the very low demand in the early hours, they might have been put out too late. Please do ask any of our restaurant staff for assistance, or do let me know once you plan to return, we won't let you start the day without your favourite breakfast.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed at the Singapore Rendezvous for 3 nights in mid-February. Our stay was great from start to finish. The staff were professional and friendly, property clean and tidy, and the breakfast both hearty and varied. We enjoyed the location -- central amidst many of the neighborhoods, with an easy walk or transit ride most everywhere. We will keep this on our list of favorites.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lehualani
Dear Lehualani, thank you for a great review. Great because you state so clearly how simple the ingredients of making guests feel good are: A clean and tidy property, a good breakfast in the morning and friendly staff with a passion for people. I am so happy we served you well, and we'll work even harder to stay on that list of yours.

Thank you, and please come back soon.

Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our stay at this centrally located hotel was everything we hoped for & more. Staff from housekeeping to management were friendly & most helpful. Rooms adequate size, serviced daily, great gym, pool, restaurants & bar. Walking distance to the Raffles, for that Singapore Sling! and a lot of other attractions or outside your door for buses & over the road for the train, numerous shopping malls & restaurants dotted nearby. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else for our next visit. :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shirley G
Dear Shirley G, your review made our day, and our team will do anything it takes to keep you from considering other places to stay when you return. Please do reach out to me directly should there ever be anything more we can do to keep you this satisfied.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Close to the MRT and walking distance to both Raffle City and Plaza Singaporura shopping center. Breakfast was a bit expensive but you have inexpensive choices if you just walk around the corner. Got a welcoming email before my stay for any requirement I may need. My flight got in early so requested an early check in which they were happy to accommodate me. Rooms were clean and quiet. They were doing some road work on the street so taxi's had to drive in a round about way to get to the hotel otherwise everything was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MelvinFurd68
Dear MelvinFurd66, I am happy you received my e-mail well, and I am glad we found out that you were arriving early and were able to prepare to meet your needs. During the roadworks authorities assisted us by putting up a number of additional signs to make sure taxis find the shortest possible way to the hotel, and luckily this detour adds just about a dollar to the meter, at max. Thank you, by the way, for the choice of your words because "solid" is what we strive to be, reliable and relevant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Rendezvous Hotel is always my first choice when planning a staycation with my friends. The location is great, 3-4 shopping malls within walking distance, the metro station, a bus stop just right outside the hotel. Not to mention, lots of eating places, you will be spoil for choices. Apart from great location, Rendezvous has a fantastic service team. Ms Janice remember me after my first stay with the hotel. I was surprised when she welcomed me back before I checked in. This small gesture really warm my heart and I really appreciate the service. The room size is just nice and it is well maintained and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank gweniek
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear gweniek, I am happy to learn that we are your first choice for your staycation, and thank you for your kind words about Janice, who is really one of our gems at the Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.