“Great housekeeping and concierge.”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #49 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Pleased to have room spotless at the end of hard days work along with booked taxis ready and waiting by extremely friendly and approachable staff whom remember you each day. Taxis especially challenging at the moment unless you have cash (fewer taking Visa), so concierge was extra helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aaron M
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Aaron M, I noticed you rated us as "very good" despite a spotless clean room and extremely friendly and approachable staff who remembered your name. Whilst I am happy to hear that you experienced us this way, I would love to find out what more we can do to be "excellent" in your eyes. As for the taxi availability, especially during peak times, we have taken some action to improve the situation. For example, we have informed the taxi companies of our high demand periods, have trained our team to use iPhone and iPad technology available to call taxis for our guests, and we are also switching on the taxi lights around the hotel earlier, in anticipation of our guests' needs. We find these measure helped, but we will continue to look out for more things we can do. I hope I have addressed this issue to your fullest satisfaction and remain with warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stay with my family on dec vecation.It was a great experence to stay there.plasent anvironment and wonerfull room.There are perfect amenity in the room and they have think in detail about guest personal requierment.
Service staff was good.For vegetarian less varity of food.

Room Tip: need to add some more food variety for vegetarian people.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pagutinu

Dear pagutinu, thank you for your praise. Despite the large spread of food we offer at our Straits Cafe at each meal period, I would invite you to approach our restaurant staff whenever you feel you are not finding what you crave for. Whenever possible, our chefs will do their best to satisfy your request. Thank you & warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good location, at the beginning of Orchard road, bus stop to Night Safari in front of hotel, MRT 200m away. Staff very friendly and also allowed me to check out a bit later than usual. Had the opportunity to have a shower at the pools` shower room before I left for Changi Airport.
The meeting rooms are cold, so my advice would be to carry a sweater or a jacket with you, just in case. Lunch is offering mainly chinese, malay, japanese, indian dishes, with some nice desserts and a good coffee to finish with, I liked it very much. Muesli at breakfast is a bit low on variety, but the rest is very good, so all in all nothing to complain about. The Pool outside is not heated, fyi. Would book again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lofts3008

Dear Lofts3008, you are right, our location could hardly be better and I am glad you found our team to be friendly and accommodating. I am sorry you were cold during the meeting in our banquet rooms. Whilst it is not always easy to find temperature all attendees are comfortable with, but please do share this feedback with our banquet team the next time, they will be happy to turn up the temperature or provide you with a blanket or a hot beverage to make you feel good. "Warmest" regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Other than the construction going on, we really had zero complains about this place. It was a standard run-of-the-mill 4-star hotel.

The location was perfect for us at least. We could walk to the metro, bus station or the shopping and dining areas in only 5 to 10 minutes.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We needed to print documents for our cruise after the stay and the concierge/front desk staff was more helpful than they even needed to be. We actually wish we had reserved this hotel for after the cruise too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler D

Dear Tyler D, thank you for your kind words, and that you wished you had reserved us for your return trip, too, is a great compliment. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised should you stay with us again, as we just finished an extensive facelift. Whilst we maintain and enhance the service we provide, we do so now in an art-inspired environment that is anything but standard run-of-the-mill. We look forward to welcoming you back, and I remain with warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good bits? Location & free wifi
The rest? Average ++.
Delayed check in. I am not interested that you had 100% occupancy the previous night. Staff up and deal with it.
Bed and pillows extremely hard
Breakfast average, with too much processed and deep fried food. Deep fried spring rolls, chicken, hash browns, wedges etc. Slow to replenish empty Bain Marie.
Pool area was nice but water was FREEZING. Only used by hardy souls. Jacuzzi jets very temperamental.
This is more of a 3* hotel! certainly not 4*

Room Tip: There is noise from the building site next door but thankfully we didn't hear it
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank OzzieSandra
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear OzzieSandra, thank you for your feedback, and my sincere apologies for having fallen short of your expectations in so many areas. Allow me to address those areas point by point:

You are right, we recently had to overcome a flaw in our efforts to have all rooms ready upon arrival of our guests. We added five room attendance to our Housekeeping team last week, and I am personally working with our Executive Housekeeper on improving the room availability, even for guests arriving much before our standard check-in time.

There is a variety of pillows available for guests who are not comfortable with our two kinds of standard pillows, and we will be happy to let you choose your preferred one should you return in future. Once we know your preference, we will have the same pillow in the room for you even before you arrive. We could have also made your mattress softer if you had let us know your preference already during your stay, and I am sure we can improve your sleeping experience moving forward.

I was disappointed to learn you did not find the right kind of food amongst the wide variety we offer for breakfast. Our chefs will be happy to accommodate special requests, and should you have specific suggestions for improvement, I would be happy to hear them.

Thank you for your feedback on the slow replenishment of the buffet. Our Restaurant Manager took note and will focus on getting this fixed.

Unfortunately, the pool temperature is something we might not be able to adjust for you. Generally, your perception is our reality, however, 26-28 degrees is actually comfortable for the majority of guests. Upon reading your feedback yesterday at 6 o'clock in the morning, we immediately took a temperature reading and the water already had 24 degrees Celsius. Should we have missed to notice a defect that caused the water to be freezing during your stay, I sincerely apologise and assure you that this is not our standard at all.

I would welcome more details on the temperamental jacuzzi jets. We found them to be in good working order. Once you activate them via the push button, the jets are running for 10 minutes, which we have increased to 20 minutes during our investigation. Maybe that is a more convenient timing.

I hope I have addressed your concerns to your fullest satisfaction, and that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better on the next occasion. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly should there be anything more we can do for you.

Once again thank you, and warmest regards,

Christian Wolny
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and daughter recently stayed at the Rendezvous for a couple of nights en-route to Paris where she was spending her 21st birthday. The night they arrived there was a birthday cake and card in their room from the staff.

I would like to thank Connie, Dolyn, Sabrina, Joy, Huda, Ismail and Manoharan for making my daughters trip to Singapore special. It was a lovely gesture and we will definitely go back to the Rendezvous again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary D

Dear Gary D, fantastic to hear our team managed to make your stay special, and I hope you will come back for more. The ladies and gentlemen you are naming were excited to read how much of an impact their little gestures had on your impression of our hotel, and your praise will certainly encourage them to love their passion for service every day. Thank you & warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nice size room and very friendly and helpful staffs. Amiruddin is outstanding in terms of customer service. Accessibility to this hotel is great. Conveniently located between the business district and the tourist belt of Orchard road. Value for money room rates.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Dennis C

Dear Dennis C, thank you for your review, and for recognising Amiruddin. He joined our team only recently, and indeed stands out with his unfiltered, genuine passion for making our guests feel good. I happily shared your feedback with him and the rest of the team, and I added some words of praise of my own. We look forward to welcoming you back at Rendezvous Hotel, and in the meantime I remain with warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager