Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #42 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 15, 2014

the room size is worth it with the amount i paid for a 4star hotel in SG. I love the cosy room & the interior. 10 minutes walk to Tekka Market with variety of halal food selections at the food court. Well, I wish the hotel serves Halal Food so that I can experience the buffet spreads & in-room dine.

All the staffs were very friendly and helpful make me feel at home. The parking is free!

there is no pool area for kids but its okay. just bring the float then.

Room Tip: ask for pool view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear ZuraAhmad, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst we do not have a specific children's pool, our pool is with 1.2m rather suitable for slightly older children, and we also have a Jacuzzi. The pool area is actually ideal for very young children, as most hotel pools are flooded with sun light, whilst our poolside also provides shadow. Many parents appreciate this very much. We do not serve Halal food in the hotel, however, alternatives are in walking distance and we do everything we can to assist our Muslim guests. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,346)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for a week in December while in Singapore for work. I found the location pretty good, very convenient for Orchard road and the shopping. Half hour walk to the Quays (Though choose a cool evening if you are doing this).

Rooms are of a good size with sizeable comfortable beds. Limited options on the TV if you are an English speaker, but I did not go to Singapore for TV. Breakfasts were good with reasonable selection of asian and western options.

There was some remodelling going on and the bar was not available, however the hotel is very close to some good bars.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Kiwi_acct, thank you for your review. I am sure you will be pleased to learn that we are currently reviewing the choice of TV channels we offer, the facelift has been completed and all facilities are fully available. Whilst the lobby lounge was temporarily closed, I hope our staff did point out the Courtyard as an alternative location to enjoy a drink without leaving the hotel. I look forward to your next stay with us, so you can enjoy the new and improved Rendezvous Hotel. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

1) Check-in : My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend a fortnight ago in one of the junior suits. This is our first stay at Rendezvous Grand Hotel and honestly, we were impressed right upon stepping into the hotel grounds. The reception area is beautiful and simple; and the front office staff are warm and friendly. Needless to say, our check-in was smooth and efficient, without any hiccups.

2) Room : Our suite was auspiciously located on the 8th floor, at the end of a corridor. Although it’s located at an end, the corridor was not overly stretchy and thus, our room was not too far from the lift. We also appreciated the peacefulness away from the lifts area.

For the room itself, we were thoroughly pleased with it. It comes with a big sofa with cushions, comfy King-sized bed, ‘rotatable’ LCD TV, and a pleasantly big bathroom with bathtub and a separate shower (pics provided). We especially love the TV as it is rotatable (thus having the option to watch TV on sofa or bed). In addition, the TV is not back up against any wall, we were hence able to conveniently plug in HDMI cable to watch DVD from our laptop!

The room view overlooks the landscape (can see MBS and the museum!), and so does the bathtub (pics provided)!

3) Service : The service we received were impeccable. From the moment we check-in until we booked out, there is nothing to complain about. As we were there to celebrate my fiance’s birthday, the staff brought the complimentary birthday cake (man, it was a big cake! We love it!) to our room at the stipulated time. :)

In addition, as we had forgotten to bring along an important document, I asked the reception if there’s anywhere in the hotel where I could do some printing. To my pleasant surprise, the reception staff at the counter replied without hesitation that she would like to print for us on the spot! She provided me with an official email account to forward the document to and, within minutes, we’ve gotten the printed document and were READY TO GO!

When we were booking out, the staff took me by surprise again. I was settling the bill at the counter, and the staff (felt sorry that I didn’t get her name) went up to my fiancé, who was seated nearby, to personally wish him a happy birthday. :) I love how the staff in this hotel goes the extra mile! Terrific!

4) Food : Had breakfast at the Straits Café (pics provided). This is a wide variety of selection to choose from and the food gets refilled frequently. There were sausages, fried rice, bee hoon, bacon, spring rolls, hash browns, hot fluffy waffles (with maple syrup and chocolate syrup), toast, fruits and coffee and tea etc. The staff was also warm and friendly.

5) Location : Very convenient! About 3 minutes walk to both Bras Besah MRT or Dhoby Ghaut! Fantastic!

Overall, the stay in Rendezvous is amazing and value for money! The staff did an excellent job!

1  Thank leo_zelda
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear leo_zelda, thank you for your fantastic review. I am really happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope your first stay wont be your last. Please do reach out to me should you decide to return, so I can personally ensure you will be just as impressed the second time 'round. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went for a 3D2N stay in this hotel. Our superior room was upgraded to club room which is more spacious. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. And we really love the swimming pool. It is very exclusive, the jacuzzi was warm and relaxing.

Too bad we didn't really try the breakfast because it was not included in our package. However, the location of the hotel is very centralized. There are many choices for food courts and hawker center around the area.

The staff was very friendly and attentive as well. Check in and check out process only took less than 5 minutes. So it was really efficient.

Room Tip: Try the club room. It's really nice and clean.
2  Thank adrianwn
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear adrianwn, thank you for your review, and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return to Singapore, you should really try our Straits Café, as some of its award-winning specialties are famous in Singapore. The surrounding hawker centers add to the variety our guests enjoy, of course. Thank you for your tip to try our new Club Rooms. We are calling this special area of our hotel "Club Rendezvous" and guests get to benefit from many special offers and services throughout their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon, in the meantime I remain with warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a wonderful stay! From the Safari suited doorman to the lovely housemaids, it's first class service all the way. The room was spacious and clean, bottled water provided free daily, free wifi, fabulous breakfast and the friendliness of the staff was unbelievable.
The hotel is situated close to the MRT, and there is a bus stop right outside. The hotel even looks like Raffles. Special mentions for the following staff, Panir for his ever friendly smile, Azali the concierge, who tried valiantly to book me into Raffles for High Tea on short notice, and Dolyn who looked after our check in and check out with supreme efficiency. The hotel is so service orientated, that they opened the restaurant to us for breakfast early, as we were checking out at 6.30am. The whole stay was just fabulous, and they make a mean Singapore Sling in the Atrium restaurant. Just loved it, would go back tomorrow.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roryhamish

Dear Roryhamish, a great review, and thank you for honoring us by comparing us to one of the most famous hotels in the world. I am happy to learn how much you loved your stay, and thank you for highlighting Paneer, Azali and Dolyn, who are indeed truly friendly and caring colleagues. Please do come back, we are looking forward to serving you again. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here at the Rendezvous Grand hotel. We were pleasantly upgraded to a deluxe room, when checking in a bit earlier than supposed to, which was spacious and very clean. The bed was terrific, very comfy.
The hotel is well located, just a few minutes walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. There is a big shopping centre nearby, too.
We were very pleased with the helpful and friendly staff. Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Amanda T

Dear 260AmandaT, Thank you for staying with us, and for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Singapore. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary with a night stay in this great hotel. We were offered upgrade to junior suite with an additional charge of 70 dollars which inclusive of breakfast, evening cocktail, soft drinks from minibar which I think the best deal to grab. And the room 618 simply good. the service was outstanding especially from ms Janice and Mr Manoharan from reception. Once again, thanks to the team and for sure we will return again and will recommend this hotel to the rest.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear warans81, thank you for your review and I am glad to hear how Manoharan and Janice contributed to making your stay memorable. Please do reach out to me should you return, as I would love to find out what else we can do to make your experience "excellent". Thank you & warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.