“A pleasant getaway from the city life!”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #47 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Kyrenia, Cyprus
“A pleasant getaway from the city life!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I visited this hotel in September 2013 as part of our honeymoon package for only 2 nights. On arrival at reception we were greeted by friendly staff, although we were not given any information about the hotel just our room card was given and we were shown to the lifts. No help from any bellboy. We liked the room on the 4th floor, very spacious with a seperate seating area and a large bathroom. A bit like a suite room. Very clean, mostly enjoyed the tv and bed being so big and the fact we had a shower and a bath tub! The room over looked road works but wasn't a problem for us as we were on a high floor. In the room there was complimentary water and tea coffee making facilities. Nothing special on offer for our honeymoon. On our first day we were able to walk to most Sİngapore attractions and found it easy to access places like Sentosa Island and Singapore Zoo on our own as hotel reception not very sure how to visit places without using taxis and do not recommend using taxis as they are a bit pricy. Breakfast was very nice, clean and lots of variety. I must admit our favourite thing about the hotel was the swimming pool and heated jacuzzi. It is open until 22:00! We were also very lucky to be offered a pass card to use it on the day we checked out as we had a very late flight 01:40. A little swim and a shower was a nice treat before our 16 hour journey home. A special thanks to Samsudin Bin Ahmad on concierge for being so helpful. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShanelOz
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear ShanelOz, thank you very much for your review. I am happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay, and would love to meet you personally on your next visit to find out what more we can do to be "excellent" in your eyes. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I have just stayed at the Rendezvous for the fifth time in five years. I find the attention and service in the excellent category. To experience all the cultures - Indian, Chinese, Malay and Western it is next to transport in all directions. I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Fran D, thank you very much for your review. It is important for us to know that our guests have the best experience they had while staying with us. It gives us comfort to continue to impress on our future guests. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
Cham, Switzerland
Reviewed December 10, 2013

nice and friendy staff, very helpful with special arrangements like late check out. Clean and nice rooms, well equipped with TV and WLAN (free). Good location, everything more or less in walking distance. Easy access from and to airport

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fredy P, thank you very much for your review. I am happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay, and would love to meet you personally on your next visit to find out what more we can do to be "excellent" in your eyes. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
Reviewed December 9, 2013

When staying in any city especially if you are uncertain about what you want to do, then location is all important. This hotel is ideally situated between many of the popular attractions and just 250m from a central railway station. An alternative slightly nearer station is useful if it is raining as access is mainly under cover. It also is convenient for a rail journey to the airport and is quite well placed for a taxi to the airport without too many jams. We went for a $50 a night upgrade which gave a better room, a free cocktail with an extensive snack and breakfast; it was very good value. Staff were all very attentive. The blurb in the room said call the manager if your were unhappy any time day or night. So would go there again especially as we got a good rate maybe as it was weekend.
There were a couple of eccentricities. The hotel had some minor renovation as a result of which there were no Internet terminals available; you would think they would have cobbled something together; the wireless facility was great in the lobby but only fair or poor in our upgraded room with speed dropping at times to 1mbps. The other oddity was the chef assigned to cooking the breakfast eggs. I watched in puzzlement as she well overcooked a couple of omelettes before it was my turn for fried eggs. I would have had them sunny side up but turn them over she did and then ignored by twice proffered plate and "that's fine" until she had cooked them to her satisfaction - nice and hard! I saw the funny side and the manager was not disturbed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phil M, thank you very much for your review. I am happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely apologised for the not so up to the standard eggs that we have done. We will ensure improvements are made. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a GREAT location. The amenities are quite nice-GREAT jacuzzi, nice, but chilly pool, well equipped gym. The breakfast is GREAT. A nice assortment and lots of variety. All of the staff I met at the hotel were GREAT. They were super helpful, with a number of different things. Pei, one if the duty managers, and Roy, a restaurant manager were particularly fantastic. I can't give them a 5 for these reasons: I brought a group and had an event. This meant making arrangements via email. Initially, no one responded to my inquiry, but I pressed on b/c I really wanted to stay here. Once I got a response, I often got conflicting messages from the central res folks and the on site sales team. There was a definite lack of attention to detail by the latter which made arranging the event frustrating. But again, we pressed on, and in the end it all worked out. There was also renovations happening and I think, given I was bringing a group and having an event, the sales team should have told me about. Again, in the end it was fine, but a heads up would have been professional. My experience once I got to the hotel made pressing on totally worth it and I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jess R, thank you very much for your review. I am happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay, and would love to meet you personally on your next visit to find out what more we can do to be "excellent" in your eyes. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
Surrey, UK
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here for almost a week on business. The hotel itself was quiet with clean well appointed rooms. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was very good with wide choice. To eat in evening there is a gem of a French restaurant which serves top food, and others. Coming out of hotel there are several other restaurants, cafes and bars within easy walking distance. Although I didn't use it the pool looked adequate but the gym looked very small for those of you who are into fitness. As you can see Dhoby Ghaut MRT station from the hotel it is also very handy to get around Singapore. Would I stay here again .... Yes.

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Oldbolter, thank you for your review and for highlighting the variety of outlets at our Gallery, where our guests can enjoy a choice of Mexican, French or Chinese food. We also have a facial spa now, and a wine & whiskey bar will be opening soon, too. Our gym is indeed not the largest, so we are currently reviewing whether the setup can be improved.Thank you once again, and warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.
Newton Mearns, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is of a good standard, service excellent and location very useful The rooms as already mentioned are not large but have all you require. The gym could be larger and with one of the treadmills out of order the other was very popular early in the morning. The pool is excellent. Breakfast was good with plenty of options and excellent service.

Beware they are currently having work done on the lobby but this caused no problems to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear MR1979_12, I am sorry to learn that you found one treadmill in the gym to be out of order. We have ordered the spare parts last week and will ensure the equipment is in good working condition as soon as possible. The renovation works in the lobby will soon be limited to soft refreshment, and we always keep the work schedule flexible to avoid peak hours and react to guest feedback immediately. I hope you will return any time after mid-January to enjoy the finished product. In the meantime I remain with warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.