“Always great service...unlike another hotel I could mention in Sg”

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #55 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Always great service...unlike another hotel I could mention in Sg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The third night of a business trip to/conference in Singapore was booked here by my local hosts after the "official" conference hotel messed up my booking. I'd booked the Rendezvous for some post-conference vacation and I was lucky they got me in a day early so I wouldn't haven't to move hotel twice. I've stayed here multiple times and always had excellent service. I usually book a club room, which is worth the extra money. The Yum Cha (Dim Sum) appetisers in the lounge in the evenings are great (and you can have free drinks with them should you wish for that). Always impeccable service, very well maintained rooms.

There are little things that are pluses and minuses. A plus is the directional mirror for shaving - I hate hotels which have such big hand basins that us short-sighted (and contact lens impaired) people can't see our face well to shave! So the face/shaving mirror in the bathroom here is appreciated. Lots of towels - also appreciated. I only have one minor minus point - Rendezvous have joined so many other hotels in limiting the number of devices per broadband account. I doubt there are many people who'd abuse the system if there were no such restriction and there are ways round it anyway - so I'd suggest a compromise that I've seen at other hotels near the Rendezvous, namely a maximum of 5 devices per account/room? I travel with my Australian phone, a phone for roaming in whatever country I'm in, a laptop and tablet. As a (frequently) business traveller I'm not unusual in having four devices.

However, overall this is one of the best hotels in Singapore to stay in - for a club room you get pretty much the same standards/facilities as some of the "big name" hotels near Marina Square but it's better located, more intimate and personal. I also find the clientele here generally nicer and worth talking to, unlike those hotels!

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth the extra money.
1 Thank Terry F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have only good words to say: the Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore is a hotel that serves you in any possible way without imposing anything on you. It is comfortable with no extra extravagant art, it is extremely well located and the staff is always ready to help. really recommended.

Whyalla, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for eight nights in early October as our honeymoon.

We arrived at 7am and as expected, a room wasn't available. But we could have a shower in the pool area which was much appreciated.

After a few hours of sightseeing, we returned to the hotel around 2pm and a room was available. Although I had asked for a room away from the construction, we didn't get it (not that it mattered in the end. My husband is a sound sleeper and I wore earplugs if we had an afternoon nap). We got an upgrade to a Premier room which we were ecstatic with! It was huge!! There was also a basket of fruit waiting for us. Thanks very much!

The bed was super comfy (better than the one at MBS a week later) and we had no problems with any other facilities in the room, or in the hotel for the most part. I have to say that the toilet seat is a bit hard and thin, although only a minor detail.

The pool area was nice, although the water a bit cold because it's mostly in the shade all day. Not many people out there using it when we were there, which was good! We didn't use the jacuzzi because the water looked a bit dirty. I don't know if it actually was though, as we saw some other people using it.

The cleaners were friendly and seemed to do their job well. Everything was neat and tidy when we returned to the room each day. The only slightly dirty part in the room was the grout in the shower.

The staff outside were friendly and helped us with our baggage on arrival and departure. They also helped us catch taxis easily.

We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on that. We ate out at restaurants, or at the nearby Kopitiam. We also used the nearby 7/11 everyday to buy snacks and drinks. The service there was subpar though!!

Anyway, I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Tell them if it's a special occasion. Maybe you will get a free upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funkychicken76
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed as part of a large group of MBA students just over a week ago and the Rendezvous was a great location for us. It provided a welcome retreat from the heat of Singapore and the facilities were fantastic. I had a room looking out onto the pool, which was great and made use of the facilities in the morning. The conference rooms were also well appointed. It's a pity that there was a charge for the wifi, as this should be included in the room rates I think, specially when used as a business hotel for the majority of travellers. Other than that, I can only compliment them on their service, their breakfasts and lunches were amazing and with huge variety and I had a great three nights there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here twice on our spot overs to and from Europe.

All that can be said is the hotel is in a great location and the rooms are clean.

Don't expect friendly helpful staff because you might be disappointed, we were.

If you enjoy satay make sure you get a taxi to Lau Pa Sat after dark and have a jug or two of Tiger beer with them, its a great night out.

Room Tip: Get a room 6th floor or above.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlbertBell
Dufftown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Concierge and all staff are stars. Loved the simple, light, white design. Master switch in the bedroom really kills all the lights. F & B (breakfast) marvelous. Very good central location and super value for money.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel is in a very central location and the room was comfortable enough, except for a badly fitted toilet seat which made a racket when we sat on it! The windows were double glazed which was necessary as Bras Baseh is a very busy road and there was heavy construction on a side street. However the service was well below what you would expect from a 4-star property. Except for one receptionist (Vivien) and a bellhop, services were non-existent. Room attendants were rather inconsistent and surly and when I rang for un-replaced towels, it took half an hour and a second call before they arrived. I used up the only 'newspaper request' card for the local newspapers on one day and since the request card was not replaced, I was not able to get any newspapers for the rest of my stay (5 days)! Restaurant is very, very expensive - even by Singapore's standards. A cup of coffee is S$7.50 plus 10% service, plus 7% GST! A sign on the window of the coffee shop advertised it was only $5 a cup and when I protested, they told me the $5 price was meant for the courtyard cafe and not the coffee shop. And when I went to check in the Courtyard cafe, they told me the $5 tag was for coffee from the coffee shop! I walked away in disgust. As a result of this, we had all our meals outside the hotel.

It was not very practical to have messages put in the TV. We missed a couple of messages simply because we did not switch on the TV! Isn't it simplier to have a 'message waiting' button on the phone?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple