The third night of a business trip to/conference in Singapore was booked here by my local hosts after the "official" conference hotel messed up my booking. I'd booked the Rendezvous for some post-conference vacation and I was lucky they got me in a day early so I wouldn't haven't to move hotel twice. I've stayed here multiple times and always had excellent service. I usually book a club room, which is worth the extra money. The Yum Cha (Dim Sum) appetisers in the lounge in the evenings are great (and you can have free drinks with them should you wish for that). Always impeccable service, very well maintained rooms.
There are little things that are pluses and minuses. A plus is the directional mirror for shaving - I hate hotels which have such big hand basins that us short-sighted (and contact lens impaired) people can't see our face well to shave! So the face/shaving mirror in the bathroom here is appreciated. Lots of towels - also appreciated. I only have one minor minus point - Rendezvous have joined so many other hotels in limiting the number of devices per broadband account. I doubt there are many people who'd abuse the system if there were no such restriction and there are ways round it anyway - so I'd suggest a compromise that I've seen at other hotels near the Rendezvous, namely a maximum of 5 devices per account/room? I travel with my Australian phone, a phone for roaming in whatever country I'm in, a laptop and tablet. As a (frequently) business traveller I'm not unusual in having four devices.
However, overall this is one of the best hotels in Singapore to stay in - for a club room you get pretty much the same standards/facilities as some of the "big name" hotels near Marina Square but it's better located, more intimate and personal. I also find the clientele here generally nicer and worth talking to, unlike those hotels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a restored colonial building located in the heart of Singapore’s Arts District, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore is inspired by its locale’s vibrant energy and character.As an art-inspired hotel, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore brings together stylish elements reminiscent of its heritage to complement modern masterpieces and create a unique aesthetic style. It is a brand that appreciates creativity and is proud to show it.Primed to be a meeting point where art and creative ideas grow, Rendezvous Hotel Singapore aspires to support the arts and culture through collaborations and initiatives with both students and artists from Singapore and around the world. This is Rendezvous Hotel Singapore, placing you at the art of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Singapore
- Singapore Clarion Collection
- Clarion Singapore
- Rendezvous Hotel Singapore By Far East Hospitality