“The only tour you will need if you have limited time...”

Singapore Joo Chiat Food Walk
Ranked #57 of 156 Tours in Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2013

because this is not just a food tour but Tony covers almost every aspect of singapore.. history, current affairs etc. We had a phenomenal time and have to say it is one of the best tour i have ever taken (and i am singaporean!). I joined the tour thinking it would be an evening of joyous eating but i actually enjoyed more from learning the history and trivials of singapore from Tony. As the other reviewer pointed out, this tour runs into early hours. For our tour, Tony asked many times if people want to continue with the tour (around 10.30pm) so you don't have to continue with the tour if you don't want to (although he needs min. 2 pax to continue with the tour). Come hungry and well rested as there is a lot to absorb.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- Tony is extremely knowledgable about the local culture, history, politics etc.
- Food is excellent, and plenty. Really a wide variety of dishes. Was the best meal we had in Singapore.
- Never felt unsafe about hygiene.
- I believe this is the only food tour currently running in Singapore, so this is your only option.

Cons:
- The tour had a delayed start, about 7pm. By the time we had our first bite of fruit, it was about 9pm. Actual food was served at about 9:45pm. We were starving by then. This would not have been a problem if we were not to skip lunch and come hungry (which I did)
- The tour is overpriced. If you want to get your money's worth, focus on the crabs.

I would have rated the tour much higher if the food tasting was more spread out at different stops, and if it was $S10-20 cheaper.

1  Thank Lululu2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took my family of 6 (12, 14, 16, 20) and my wife and I, on this tour with Tony last week. The sheer amount of food was overwhelming, and probably could be spread out a bit, but everyone enjoyed it so much, even my 12 year old son. We learned about and sampled some 30-40 different dishes. We recently did a similar tour in Kuala Lumpur, but after spending the evening with Tony, it paled in comparison.

Beyond the food, it felt more like a seminar with a professor. Tony is so knowledgeable about everything Singapore, from Politics, History, Culture, etc...He talks about the social living system in Singapore, Canning, Sex/Prostitution, Economics/wages, Education, and on and on. By 1am we were all a bit tired, but he was so engaging that we stayed to the end and since, everyone in my family has been talking about how it was the best tour ever.

Its a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for in this case!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you want a tour that gives you an insight into what it is like to live in Singapore, and experience great food, I would recommend this. Tony is an engaging tour guide, and was very informative. The food was absolutely delicious and there was great variety. They recommend you skip lunch, and I can see why! My only criticism is that the tour is a bit overlong. A few of us had just arrived in Singapore and were feeling tired, but Tony seemed reluctant to let us leave! As I understand it, the tour normally finishes around 12.30am, approximately 2.5 hours after you finish eating - it might be better to finish around 11pm. Other than that, it was a great tour.