“Attempting to book a table at Table at 7”
Review of Table at 7

Table at 7
Ranked #786 of 11,864 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, European, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are slowly discovering good places to eat in Singapore and on a walk up Mohamed Sultan Road went in to sample the food by having lunch, at about 2.10--the notice on the door said lunch till 2.30 and it said Open. I'm not sure if I didn't fit the waitresses expectations but she was less than enthusiastic when I said I would like to book a table and have some lunch.
She told me that they had to prepare for a function and I couldn't have lunch, and when I pointed out to her that it said Open on the door and it was only 2.10, she simply didn't care. So, I said I would like to book a table for Friday evening, and she asked me for my telephone number and said she would check the on-line, and telephone bookings and ring me to let me know. I asked why I couldn't book then and she said she had to gather all the bookings in and decide, then she would ring me in a short while.
I thought that was very odd, but went along with it,.At 7.00 that evening I rang back and she seemed to have forgotten all about it, but told me I could have a table. Later that evening the owner, or someone in authority rang me and asked if we were going, and, as I was thoroughly fed up by this time, said No. She apologised and said she would ring me later, but didn't.
So, I rather suppose we will not be tasting the food at Table at 7, any time soon.

1  Thank MdsOxford

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

An unusual combination of authentic Indonesia food and a good selection of continental delicacies. The cream of mushroom soup with truffle oil and a light crisp bread was delectable.
The desserts must not be missed - sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, pineapple tartlet with a gula Melaka sauce and ice-cream were perfect.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We gave Table @ 7 our first try during Singapore Restaurant Week, so had the special menu set for that.

The menu is best described as European-Indonesian fusion: some dishes are more European, others more Indonesian (a few more broadly Asian), and some pull equally from both culinary heritages. But for me the concept is less important than the taste experience. We were both very impressed indeed at combination of flavours and the way the dishes were put together. Full marks for the quality of the dishes. Indeed the sticky toffee pudding was even better than Marks & Spencer's version - which may sound like an insulting comparison but is actually very high praise (you need to know that M&S Sticky Toffee Pudding is very hard to better!).

Other things. Service was slick. House wines by the glass were good, and reasonably priced (not cheap, but good value). Presentation was superb. And the portion size was absolutely perfect (everything was served in exactly the right amount - not too little, not too much) so that at the overall experience was paced beautifully (ie. we weren't left hungry, and equally we didn't struggle to find space for the gorgeous dessert).

Excellent food, you will struggle to get much better in Singapore regardless of price. And hence exceptional value at the Restaurant Week price, and I would say well worth it even at the a la carte prices.

Will certainly be going again soon. A big thanks to Karl and Eugenia!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I dined here for the first time during Restaurant Week and would say that it was my most enjoyable meal of all the meals I had in Restaurant Week. I enjoyed it more than even the fancier Salt Grill.

Like someone pointed out, the lighting was a little dim but if you like romantic, I suppose this would then be perfect. The food and service were excellent though.

First, the food. The soto soup was very good, and the beef cheeks with buah keluak were fantastic. I didn't want the sorbet that came with the Restaurant Week set n asked for something else and they gave me an out of this world sticky date pudding- my favourite! No nonsense about not being able to change the set menu or having to pay extra etc.

Service was very polite and accommodating without being intrusive. I called to change my booking twice and there was no sign of impatience at the end of the line.

I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I have never dined at Table at 7 so we were both looking forward to having lunch here during Singapore Restaurant Week. The ambiance is lovely - a modern restaurant that has simple, yet hip decor. They could use a bit more lighting though, because it was a bit dark where we were seated. The hostess was very nice and knowledgeable - she gave us good recommendations and explained the menu diligently. The wait staff were very attentive and courteous. The food was a good mix of western and indonesia cuisine. Lots of great flavors - especially the beef cheeks and the soto ayam. And the fish was seared properly and seasoned to perfection. Overall, a really nice experience and worth the visit.