“Excellent tasty falafels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pita Pan

Pita Pan
Ranked #708 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Eating at Pita Pan is about much more than just sensational, healthy, vegetarian food - it's an entire Mediterranean experience for ALL the senses. At Pita Pan, our chefs create delightful Middle Eastern vegetarian food like nothing you've ever tasted before. Using a fresh, innovative and healthy approach, as well as Mediterranean influences, the hard- working team skillfully redefines the ancient vegetarian cuisine through fast, healthy eating. Our Pita Bread Pockets simply are a Pocket Full of Health and is the healthy, fast-food alternative the world has been waiting for!
Johannesburg
“Excellent tasty falafels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I think I had the best falafel pita ever. Tasty. Crunchy. The toppings I added worked well. Standard service but its a sit down place with no table service.

But the food was superb. The sweet potatoe chips was Devine. Soft inside and crispy outside. Don't even have to have sauces. I will try to convince my friends to eat their as often as possible. I would say its very good comfort food.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank pt2pt3

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Good food Good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice location serving vegetarian mediterranean dishes. Staff very friendly once you have been there a couple of times. Lovely location with outside seating...great to sip a glass of wine and people watch and later walk around the shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. A variety of sauces and salads along with good falafel. We have been there many times also taken friends and have never been disappointed with the food and service.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank shay12123
Dubai
“Awesome find for quick bites in Marina Bay Sands mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband & I passed this restaurant on our way from the helix bridge into the Marina Bay shoppes mall and decided to try it. The place offers different variations of falafel and pita-based dishes, and they all taste really good. They have a huge selection of sauces which makes it suit any palate. Loved the red spicy dip with the pita pockets.
Great option for vegetarians in Singapore, especially travelers!
Also its open till midnight which helps on long days!
I partially agree with another travelers review.. that the staffs attitude is a bit off, they aren’t as friendly as all other eateries, but the food made up for their attitude.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank DubaiTraveler
Vienna, Austria
“some dishes are good, some not so good, but still ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The concept of the restaurant is a good idea. You can order your Pita and fill it with anything you like or let's say anything they offer (just vegetarian food). But besides Pita and falafel dishes, they also offer salads and some other mediterrenean dishes.

I ordered a plate with mixed appetizers: couscous salad, eggplant salad, mixed salad, falafel, hummus and dolmades (wine leaves filled with rice) and some pita bread. Except the couscous salad and the dolmades everything was really tasty and authentic. The couscous salad was quite tasteless and for the dolmades the leaves were not tender.

I also ordered some extra Halloumi cheese. 4 very little peaces (2-3cm each) for 2SGD... Eating 2 SG$ would have satisfied me more.

Tables are inside the restaurant as well as in front of it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank _Betty_Sue_1108
Singapore, Singapore
“Good place, good food but what's with the attitude ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good place, good area - and good food. So what went wrong ? The service. The staff at Pita Pan goes out of its way to be terribly rude to customers. I was there with my wife - who unfortunately had never been to a middle-eastern restaurant before.

We shall give it a try, we thought.

So, we went in and tried to chat up with the staff. Nopes. The two gentleman at the counter (Indian guys, I believe) were thorough in their training to ask customers off. On asking what was good and what could be ordered - I was nicely told by the gentlemen to look up the menu. And when I say nicely, I mean he just stopped short of slapping me right on my face.

So I took the hint, ordered some half pocket thing and went along. I was given a number and was expected to linger on. Or go to my seat. I wasn't sure so I asked if I should go back to my wife and sit with her.

"That's what the number is for" - I was told. He might as well have called me a fool.

When the half pocket showed up - the guy shouted "10, number 10". And I reached up to the counter promptly - only to be shown a buffet of random salad and to be told
"Pick what you want"., Pointing at the salad, the dude stared dead in my face. Without even a hint of amusement, glee or happiness - he was angry. About his job, his life - or me, perhaps. Or perhaps he hated the fact that people were showing up and ordering food quite contrary to the directions given by his superiors.

Bless me, I said. I nudged him to get some on my plate. He did that. When done, I just shoved some sauce in and as expected I went back to eat.

He continued on his quest to bully more customers. And I and my wife walked out - wondering how could such a good place survive in this high rent district with such a poor service.

Note to Pita Pan Management: If you guys are on a quest to be hated by customers and locals - good for you. If not, please please hire people who would appreciate their job and who look forward to being nice to customers who pay for the whole party.

You have awesome food and an outstanding concept - which is being ruined by your out of control staff.

I'm a local and I won't be back to suffer the same humiliation I was meted out today.

In short - fire your staff.

• Visited January 2013