“So delicious, great atmosphere.”
Review of Open Door Policy

Open Door Policy
Ranked #638 of 11,767 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Hidden treasure of a restaurant in Tiong Bahru, Singapore. Great decor, quick and friendly service and really tasty food. Best warm goats cheese salad I've eaten. I will be going back

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Loved it. Friendly service, really good food, unpretentious decor. You gorra try their crème brûlée! Cocktails a bit expensive.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We had heard great reviews that were not delivered for our Brunch. Awesome seats overlooking the kitchen but then our coffee was cold & horribly bitter (when they finally arrived). $32 burger was only ok (again cold) & my scrabbled eggs soggy & dull, partially saved by the great wild mushrooms. Brunch for 2, with 1 coffee each = $102 = terrible value
It's a shame as you can see the potential.

1  Thank Sav1972
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We shared a dozen of oysters ($64) with Asian slaw and black vinegar dressing. They were fresh but not chilled enough, the slaw was rather overpowering (way too much of it) and the vinegar masked the oyster flavor rather than enhance it. Serving the dressing and slaw on the side would have made it much better. I want to taste the oysters! It would have been nice to know what kind they were and where they came from. We also shared a burratina (fresh cheese, so creamy!) appetizer, which was served with wagyu bresaola (fab) on fried bread (greasy). I wish there was more burratina.

Yes, the beef cheek is THAT addictive; I just had to have it again. Still melt-in-my-mouth good (if a little undersalted), now it comes with red wine quinoa and beetroot puree. The colors are rather monochromatic, but the flavors aren't: the beetroot was bright and refreshing, quinoa done perfectly and seasoned well.

The Iberico pork belly was amazingly fatty and juicy, and seasoned perfectly. The color combination (with sweet potato gnocchi) was just so strikingly pretty.

The portions were smaller than I remembered from previous visits, so we shared a bowl of chips ($10) on the side. They were hot, crispy, fluffy on the inside, but a little undersalted.

The souffle is still as fluffy and hot and chocolatey as before, one of my favorite desserts in town.

The bottle of white wine we had was probably the cheapest on their list (at $66) and it showed. Very pricey for what it is; I won't order wine here again.

The bill came to $325 for two. This place is veering towards overpriced.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went here for mains on a Monday and had a nice meal, but overpriced for the level of food. The staff are friendly however the place was freezing, I asked to turn off the air conditioning unit which was causing a draft on my back which they did, but 10 minutes on and another one right above head was turned on. Won't be going back due to the coldness.

3  Thank lodonovan