$341
$298
$265
$210
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$218
$187
  • Restaurant
$232
$197
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$177
$157
  • Restaurant
Regent Singapore, A Four Seasons Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$174
$276
$220
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

$210
  • Pool
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$154
$129
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
$648
$481
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewsboon kenggreen kiwifree toastpeanut buttersocial areamixed dormlittle indiabackpackers hostelbunk bedsdorm roomcommon roomtop bunkother guestscomfortable place to staylaundry servicemrt stationnice stay
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice and friendly receptionist welcomed the stay with great start. Things were arranged tidily and clean. Hygiene were taken care off where all guests need to take off the shoes before entering the room and compound. Free shampoo and body wash were provided. It also provide free breakfast with bread and coffee or tea. Additionally you can use the iMac with wifi for free. Strategic location with 2mins walk away to bus station, 5mins walk to Boon Keng MRT.

All in all, I had a pleasant stay in this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank RickyLiew
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This place maybe far from the airport, but still easily reached through MRT. The staffs are friendly, and the facilities are good (TV, small library, internet, laundry, private lamp, hair dryer, stand washer). The most useful is the unlimited toast. I can eat anytime! So no need for me to buy more snack from outside. Everytime i am hungry, i just make one... or two... or more.

Then when i am too tired because of walking too much, i can lay down on the comfortable couch provided. They provide the rent of bicycle and sell some stuffs for shower as well. The place is clean, i like it.

5  Thank bikerinthecity
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I actually stayed at Rucksack Inn on Lavender Street, but it seems that branch doesn't have many reviews yet. I've written my review there (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d2538596-Reviews-Rucksack_Inn_Lavender-Singapore.html), and I was very impressed with the Lavender branch, I'm pretty sure the other branches are just as nice. So I'd encourage people to stay at Rucksack and at the Lavender Street branch as well.

2  Thank blossom495
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I found Rucksack Inn by accident through browsing online, and I'm glad I did! I'm sure Rucksack Inn is one of the best backpacker hostels in Singapore. I stayed at the one in Lavender Street (If you take the MRT, alight at Boon Keng station). True, if you travel from Changi airport, the location is a bit far-off, but it's actually only a few stops to Vivo City which is this big, new and very nice shopping mall - if you want to go to Universal Studios, you take a train from this Vivo City.

Anyway what I like even from the booking process is that I didn't have to book through a hostel booking website. I only had to send an e-mail, and one of the friendly Rucksack staff replied with a confirmation e-mail, and that's it! Very handy if you don't own a credit card like me. I corresponded through e-mail a few times, including in the morning of my flight to let the staff know I was definitely coming, and each time the staff responded very friendly - especially ED. I felt as if I had a friend waiting for me, and that's very nice if you travel alone.

Upon arriving at the place, I was impressed with how it looks like. The lobby/common area is nice and cozy, and at the room smelled nicely of lemongrass. Super nice! The facilities are good too; each traveler has access to a big locker, which you can use to keep even a big luggage. Each bed is equipped with a comforter, a reading light and electricity socket - all very handy. The showers have hot and cold water, shampoo and shower gel. There are also washing machines, and ironing board, hairdryer for women, sinks and mirror. I heard there's another hostel with good reputation but the washing-up sink is near the dining area, which makes it awkward when you're brushing your teeth. But here at Rucksack, you don't have to worry about that.

Then there's also free Wi-Fi and Mac computers with internet access, and a cozy reading corner (when I say cozy, I really mean this!) with books to keep you company. Of course you can always watch the TV provided in the lobby/common area and I think there's also a weekly movie night. In the kitchen/pantry there's a refrigerator if you'd like to keep any food for later, as well as unlimited coffee, tea, bread and jam, and also drinking water. If you don't bring cutlery, you can also borrow them here.

Another plus point is that we get an access card which we have to use to enter the building, which makes it more secure as only guests can enter. And if you're used to staying at hotels where you get a wake-up call to catch a morning flight, you can request that here - I did! I had to check-out at 6.

Bear in mind I never stayed at a backpacker hostel before, so I was initially a bit worried about sleeping in a bunkbed with strangers in the room. But the staff and fellow travelers are all nice, and the place made me feel comfortable and safe. If I sound like I cannot stop raving about Rucksack, it's because I can't. I was truly impressed and I'm sure staying at Rucksack was what made my trip more enjoyable. I hope more people get to have the positive experience I did here. If I need to stay at a backpacker hostel in Singapore again, Rucksack will definitely be my first choice.

7  Thank blossom495
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hostel is much more comfortable than most of hotels. The staff is very polite. Visitors were polite too during my staying here.

All you need you can find here: very fast wi-fi, three iMacs for those who doesn't have a laptop, kitchen with unlimited tea, coffe and toasts, laundry service, lockers, private lamps and sockets near all beds, comfortable living room, mini library etc

The only minus is that living and renting bikes here is quite expensive.

2  Thank Aleksandr Z