3 stars in general. 4 stars in the hostel category. It's a very nice and well run hostel. The rooms are solid and clean, bathrooms maintained well, and kitchen area solid. My wife, 4 small children, and myself spent 5 nights there in a "family" room with 6 beds.
1. Staff-Andy was superb! Helpful, friendly, organized, cooperative. There was another woman whose name we didn't catch who was great as well, and even kept an eye on our kids while we ran out to the supermarket for 30 minutes. They organized taxis and recommended places to eat.
2. Location-on the edge of Little India. Walking distance from City Square Mall with a movie theater, great places to eat, and good shopping. Also walking distance to several incredible hawker stalls to eat. Finally, from the hostel to most major attractions downtown (Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay, Clark Quay, Harbourfront, etc) it was 15-20 minutes by taxi.
3. Extras-free and fast wifi throughout, laptops/iPads for free use in the common areas, big screen TV with movies or jacks to connect your device.
4. Kitchenette-again, this is a hostel, so don't expect 4-star dining. But having access to cookies/bread/butter/peanut butter, the hot water kettle, microwave, and fridge meant that we could have snacks, or even bring in food, store it, then heat it up later.
If you remember that this is a hostel, none, really. It's not the lap of luxury, but it is clean, well maintained, and hot water in the showers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Singapore's Latest & Most Exciting Backpackers Art hostel is here, ever thought of staying in an Art Gallery? Is totally a new experience with the best ambiance environment. We are Newly Opened in January 2012, hence we are definitely the cleanest and freshest hostel in town. We are near to the MRT subway station, which is the gateway to the whole of Singapore. Moni Gallery Hostel offers more than just accommodation. If you are searching to stay in a unique and artistic environment, surely Moni Gallery Hostel is your best choice! We also provide Free 24 hrs simple snack & breakfast, so you will never be hungry in the middle of the night. Wifi is provided in the entire hostel and there is also free usage of PC Laptop, Mac Book & Ipad 2 for you. Recreation room is also provided for your entertainment, you can enjoy movies, playstation and table tennis too. Even our baggage storage is totally free for you. Hurry, book now before it's full. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Moni Gallery Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moni Gallery Hostel Singapore