“Value for money”

Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Singapore
“Value for money”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to the branch in Marina Square. We are a group of 4 and ordered one pot of soup and 6 other dishes. The price was reasonable, just slightly over S$100 and the food was the typical home-cooked Chinese meal. The service was reasonably fast and polite. Overall good experience.

• Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
singapore
“Paradise Inn @ City Square Mall”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went there yesterday with our family (6 adults and 1 child). It was dinnertime when we stepped into the restaurant, nobody was at the front to man the reception. There were less than 5 tables eating. There were a few staff standing near the kitchen area, either they pretended not to see us or they felt it wasn't their job to bring us to the table. Service was very slow. During order of food, staff were not sure of what's on the menu. Had to check and still gave us the wrong answer. We were served the soup first. We almost finished our rice and the other dishes were still not served. Other than the soup, nothing was nice. Not only us, other customers had to "clap their hands" in order to get the attention of the serving staff. This is definately our last time here!

• Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Canton Paradise @ The Star Vista - My 1st & last time visit”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Forget about the membership. This will be my 1st and also the last visit.
Went on a Sun afternoon for lunch. It's the only eatery serving Chinese food @ The Star. Expect to queue at least 15 mins or more. No reservations allowed. Many walked off after the long wait.
Food is nice, not really cheap but for the quality, I think it's acceptable. But the service puts me off completely. Even before you'r seated, they asked if you'r ready to place order with the order chit that has no price indication. Hmm... how would I know I'm supposed to place my order while waiting. Never mind. So we looked through the menu and ordered.
Cutleries are rather disgusting; oily and stained with leftovers from other patrons. I had to use my own tissue to clean off the children's set and mine. We were given the 'look' when we asked for clean cutleries and additional chopsticks and soup spoons. Makes me wondered if they ration cutlery usage.
Their signature dish - Pork Belly Cha Siew is really yummy. Another of their so-called signature Prawn Dumpling Noodle Soup could have been better.
I don't feel it's worth to queue & endure the service for just one dish. Besides that dish isn't cheap. Have tasted good quality food with better services elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank DarlingSunshine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,153 helpful votes
“Inconsistent chain, markedly inferior to Singapore rivals”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Unlike Crystal Jade, Imperial Treasure, or even Tung Lok, quality of food at the Paradise group's outlets is inconsistent (some day OK and some day bad) and in my opinion, less good. Because the waiters have a shorter history with the group, service is also irregular. Quite expensive for what it is.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lam N
Singapore
“Nice but $ food”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Went to the city square mall branch. It is located at a really weird and difficult to find corner!!!!! It's entrance is actually at the outside! Food is interesting and nice, but a bit oily ( fried rice) and they also forgot our order. Staff was friendly and accomodating towards my toddler and infant.