“Inconsistent chain, markedly inferior to Singapore rivals”
Review of Paradise Inn - CLOSED

Paradise Inn
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Unlike Crystal Jade, Imperial Treasure, or even Tung Lok, quality of food at the Paradise group's outlets is inconsistent (some day OK and some day bad) and in my opinion, less good. Because the waiters have a shorter history with the group, service is also irregular. Quite expensive for what it is.

2  Thank Lam N

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Went to the city square mall branch. It is located at a really weird and difficult to find corner!!!!! It's entrance is actually at the outside! Food is interesting and nice, but a bit oily ( fried rice) and they also forgot our order. Staff was friendly and accomodating towards my toddler and infant.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

On 7/12/2012 Friday, this is the second visits that my family had dined together at Paradise Inn @ 180 Kitchener Road #B1-01-02 City Square Mall. Our family don't really dined out often but what has brought us to this particular Inn is that the embience and its friendly staff.

Let me shortened the story. Let me begin with the mall itself:

You may parked your car with the free compliment valet parking at level B4 if you are unable to find a suitable lot. Remember to collect your car before 9.30p.m. As a good gesture you may want tips the valet driver but is NOT compulsory.

Now let talk about Paradise Inn:

If you want a more quite embience, DO NOT sit outside the foyer next to the slpurging water fountains & the man made waterfalls area. The noise is going to be very noisy if you need to discuss private matters. For privacy, i would advice to sit inside the air-con room.

Now let us take a look on the foods that we had ordered:-

1. Crisp-fried Prawn Roll S$8.90
Sub-total: S$74.40
Service Charge: S$7.44
GST: S$5.73
ToTal: S$87.57

Prices above are just for your reference as we had ordered all small portions, is subject to your portions of ordering.

As i am not food specialists, we most enjoyed the food are:-

1. Coffee Pork Rib; it is very tender and comes with coffee aroma smells, worth a try on this.
2. Tofu with prawn' this dish you will find the tofu is very soft & fine which is ideally situable for elderly with false dentures & even small kids. It will choked with the tofu.
3. Crisp-fried Prawn roll, this dish serves with a sweetening soyce that gives a nice feeling in your mouth.

This is the first time I sharing my food experience with our Tripadvisor fans, hope that it may give you an alternative venue to bring your family to dine with you the next time.

Bon appetite

ROI Tan

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Visited the outlet at Viewing Hall Ctrl, Changi Airport Terminal 1 on 26/10/2012 for family lunch. Food was average. Service staff was efficient upon arriving but after that was questionable. Serving of food was abrupt and staff did not uttered a word but left the food on the table, 'crossed out' the listed item on the order list and walked off. As the restaurant was busy (when we were finished with the meal), instead of waiting for the staff to bring the bill, I decided to check out at the cashier personally. The cashier was busy and engrossed in her own work with the machine and did not lift an eye or uttered a word. I waited for several minutes until she was finished with her work. She then proceeded to process my (credit card payment) bill and then present one for me to sign. Before I could check it, she quickly retrieved the bill from me and said 'wrong bill'. Next printed bill came and when I checked, it was of another patron's name. I returned it and asked for a corrected one which finally done after a good 15 minutes. Through the encounter, there was no word of apologies from the cashier, instead she was all 'cold' and unapologetic for the delay. I saved my usual word of thanks and left. While waiting for the bill, there were 2 kids running about within the restaurant proper and knocked into a table and broke several chopstick rests but the staff appeared unmoved before and after by it.
I cant help but felt those staff are with a mindset of 'I served you for now and will not see you again forever'.
Sad, as this probably a place where departing visitors have a meal before boarding their plane. What an after-taste?.
For anyone who plans to visit this chain's outlets, I would suggest that they check and double check their bills thoroughly before paying/signing.
Personally, this is the 2nd unpleasant encounter with this chain's outlet, 1st being at West Coast Plaza. Seriously considering not visiting anyone of them henceforth.

1  Thank Eroslkh
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been to the one in Simei East Point several times as well as the one at Suntec City. Experience wasn't fantastic especially for the price I'd paid for. But I was craving for chinese double boiled soup and the other restarurants were packed so I just went into the restaurant (Suntec), remembering that I liked the pig small intestine soup the few times I've tried it.

Staff were polite and courteous but were extremely rushed. This is the same feeling I had when I was at the East Point branch on several occasions even during off-peak periods.

I didn't mind paying for plain warm water but what got me somewhat annoyed was that I had to ask for the water 3 times over a period of 15mins. And when the water came, it was room temperature, not warm.

I was also disturbed by the fact that it was a Sunday (08 July 2012) at 12.50pm in one of the busiest malls in the city but half the soups (they had about 7 or 8 soups) were not ready. So I picked an alternative option but when the soup arrived, the pork ribs were tough - not double boiled over a sufficient period of time.

And when I repeatedly (3 times as well) asked for the white rice to be served (my soup and salted egg pork patty had already arrived), one of the waiters came back to me to ask 'oh, you want to cancel your white rice?'

The salted egg pork patty also had a strong 'porky' taste. Well, I know pork must taste like pork but this one tasted somewhat off, like it was defrost over the microwave and rapidly cooked - you know, the taste of somewhat unfresh. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad as I could cover the taste with chilli padi.

I would really think thrice before stepping into Paradise Inn again. It really smears the reputation of Taste Paradise's chinese fusion food.

1  Thank ptaxol