“Decent brunch”

Ranked #124 of 11,196 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Description: For beautiful breakfasts; all day, everyday. Last Order: Weekdays at 830pm and Fri & Sat at 930pm.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went there with my friends on Sunday morning. After such a long wait about 40 mins, we expect a lot from the dishes. The breakfast was good and delicious but a bit too expensive and overhyped. Overall atmosphere is good. The staffs are polite and friendly to chat with.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We frequented the place at 2pm.
We were immediately attended to and I must say the service was excellent and very personal.
It serves so many styles of how you want your eggs cooked.
Our 11 year old went for The Aussie: steak underneath a sunny side up which he polished together with the roasted potatoes. He couldn't fit in the yummy cherry tomatoes (which I ended up polishing), the mushrooms, beans & salad that came with it.
Our 8 year old had the Gallic: succulent scrambled eggs with lovely bread and those sweet cherry tomatoes.
My husband had The Roman: a version of frittata: with truffle butter!
I had the spinach salad which was actually too much to finish by myself
Portions are generous, ambience very charming and service excellent.
Best Brunch in Spore so far!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Wild Honey offers a large variety of breakfast dishes and great coffee. Even with the high prices (expect 60 dollars for two breakfasts including coffee) it is must for us at least once during our stay in Singapore.

1  Thank ml15
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much we returned three times for breakfast Amazing poached egg dishes with superb fresh ingredients .The crab cakes were excellent .Expensive coffee at $7.10 Singapore per cup but it was worth every cent

1  Thank FelicitaC
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wild Honey used to be one of my favourite food haunts whenever I am in town and in need of a good brunch. Having just returned home after studying abroad, it was a natural decision for me to have a brunch gathering with my friends at this restaurant. This proved to be the worst decision ever.

Firstly, we were offered a miserably small table for the 7 of us when the restaurant was relatively empty on a Wednesday afternoon. When asked if we could have a change of tables, the male staff responded rudely that it was not possible for him to do so and that we could only make do with our current tables.

(Note, this was a weekday afternoon and there were plenty of seats available.)

The male staff was not even trying to offer us a solution and turned us down flatly even though we asked him politely. It was not until a friend of mine reiterated our stand that it was simply beyond common sense to sit a group of 7 in a small table when there were other tables around that the male staff decided to shift us, albeit full of contempt. (how can you outrightly tell a customer that it was impossible to handle a reasonable request? at least tell us that you'll try your best but there can be no guarantees!"

Bad service aside, the food served was a mere shadow of its former glory. I can understand the pricing but at least serve me some decent food. Take the eggs benedict for example, it was served nearly fully cooked and the taste of vinegar was overpowering. The hollandaise sauce was average at best and served in the smallest portion one can ever imagine. A friend of mine ordered a pot of tea (what can go wrong right?) and it turned out tasting more like water. Taking a closer look, we were astounded by the really little amount of tea leaves used.

Lousy food coupled together with bad service. Not a good combination.

Wild Honey used to be my favourite food haunts in Singapore. I have no idea what happened but one thing is for sure, I am not coming back unless something is done to improve its standards.

1  Thank leexinru