“Surprisingly Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Surprisingly Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just doing some Brunch hopping in Singapore and I decided to visit this place for what was described as an Australian brunch by one of the local food blogger. We almost missed the place as the signage was not very clear. Anyway when we entered everyone greeted us. Although they were a lot of college student part timers they were very friendly which is more than many restaurants in Singapore.

We ordered the latte which was excellent. Not exactly like my favorite one back home but it is good.

The Pastrami Ciabata was the best I have tasted. There were not much pastrami but the ciabata was simply the best I have ever had. Perhaps it was because it was served hot and the cheese was melting inside. The spread I think was mango chutney which was just perfect. Not too sweet.

We also ordered the Darling's eggs and the weekenders egg. The salmon was fresh and the Benedict was awesome. The yolk were dripping as we cut into it.

The team deserves a round of applouse.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Excellent environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very nice setting for a coffee shop. Reminded me a lot of New York style coffee bars in the village. Good atmosphere too and food. A bit pricy though.

• Visited November 2013
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Very unassuming place where a bunch of kids seems to be running the place. Decor is simple & feels like some college canteen. I ordered a flat white and the darling eggs. That's when the surprise starts. Flat white was good. Smooth and well done. Would be great if the temperature is warmer though, otherwise it would have been perfect. The darling eggs was excellent, simple but well made. Bread was well toasted and the egg was done perfectly right. Kudos! It's not easy to ensure this kind of quality while the cafe was packed! Will definitely be back again!!

Singapore, Singapore
“Great Cafe & Great Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great coffee! I was taken to this café on the first day of my business trip, and ended up returning each morning for a cappuccino. Fab service, fab tasting coffee, fab atmosphere.

Also enjoyed lunch here one day and I must say the Panini I had was delicious.

Highly recommend if you are in Chinatown area and want somewhere relaxing to stop for coffee or lunch. Will be back for more coffee on my next visit….and maybe even a cheese and vegemite toastie!

• Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent (Melbourne style) coffee in Singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great coffee...and I mean great. If you know Melbourne coffee, then you'll know what I mean. The plain does *Melbourne* coffee (wow, we Melburnians really are cofee snobs).

Staff have that too-cool-for-school attitude. Hmm, sounds like a criticism, well they are friendly, but they are hipsters. Perhaps hipsters make the best coffee?

• Visited May 2013