Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality
$296
$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$180
$156
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$251
$212
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$228
$177
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$280
$205
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$319
$253
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$191
$159
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
$901
$541
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$214
$114
2,561 results
All reviewsclub roomperanakan loungeparkway paradeeast coast parkfree airport shuttleclose to the airportfamily roomlaksashopping mallspacious roomlate checkexcellent hotelan upgradelocal foodexcellent stayrain showerspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Please don't get cheated by the exterior of the hotel, it is totally different when u stepped in. The staff is friendly and very helpful indeed. The club room is very big and we get to use the club lounge and have cocktail for free. It is totally worth the price I paid, and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Cindysia07
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Cindyasia07

Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

The hotels recent refurbishment included everything but the hotel facade, so as you say, do not be deterred by the older facade and we welcome all onto the wonderful hotel that is Village Hotel Katong.

I am pleased you enjoyed the Club rooms and the benefits of the Peranakan Lounge, for its service excellence and value for money. I welcome all future guests to experience this great facility the hotel offers.

For your future bookings, do feel free to contact me direct on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg so I can personally manage your experience.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I decided to book a one night stay to celebrate our 3rd marriage anniversary. I chose the hotel because it was rather new and because it had a unique location in katong where you get easy access to the shop houses in katong, shopping malls and east coast park.

When we arrived at the hotel, there were a few people waiting in line for check in. I felt that the check in process was rather long because there was a scratch and win promotion and I think it can be looked into to make it more efficient and quick.

It was nice of the hotel staff to note that we were celebrating our anniversary and they threw in club lounge access for us which we were more than delighted to have. Our room on the 12th floor facing the sea was welcoming despite it being partially blocked by parkway parade and another private condominium. I was glad that the hotel had acceded to my request for a sea facing room.

The room itself had a distinct peranakan flavour to it reflecting the heritage of the area surrounding the hotel. The layout was nice with amenities you would expect such as coffee and tea making facilities, standard toiletries and even an iphone5 dock. It would be nice if the room had a bath tub though so those who want a bath tub may want to take note that not all rooms come with one.

We had a great time exploring the area making use of the free shuttle bus service which goes to east coast park which offers a range of activities ranging from wake boarding, biking and roller blading.

The peranakan lounge offered a quite oasis for one to relax and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. Breakfast at the peranakan lounge offered a standard variety of items but the highlight for me was the nasi lemak station. The rice was fragrant and fluffy.

Overall, the whole stay was pleasant save for the night where we heard noises from the television from the connecting room. So do take note if you are a light sleeper because you may want to request for a room which is not connected to another.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a bathtub if you need one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank momo8702
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear momo8702

Thank you for providing a detailed review from your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

Firstly congratulations on your 3rd marriage anniversary, and I am pleased the hotel was your choice of accommodation for such a special occassion.

I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the Peranakan Lounge access to help celebrate your occassion, and that the surrounding area was a delight to visit and explore.

The hotel does have 24 hour front desk service, so on your next stay if you do experience noise from a neighbouring room, please do let us know and we can address this for you with immediate attention. The hotel provides a comfortable and quiet sleep for all our travellers and this is important that our guest experience this too.

For your next booking, whether it be a celebration or just a staycation, be sure to contact me direct on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg so I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Of all the 4 star hotel that I've ever been, this is the best hotel that I have experienced. We stayed at the club floor which was absolutely wonderful! We had a free flow of cocktail starts at 6pm to 8:30 pm and it was really worth it.. Of course the staff was really outstanding and it was Jane who was really attentive and very friendly to us! Even though we stayed overnight only, this is the best experience so far comparing to the other hotel around here in Singapore. I will definitely recommend this to my friends and to my colleagues.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank raijin9

Dear Raijin9

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience you recently had at Village Hotel Katong.

It is very rewarding to read the hotel delivered exceptional service to you, and your stay was very memorable. The Peranakan Lounge nightly cocktails are a great way to relax and enjoy your hotel stay with us.

Thank you also for recommending Village Hotel Katong to your friends and to your colleagues. We look forward to also welcoming them to the hotel.

For your future bookings, please do feel free to contact me on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed 2 nights here and left feeling relaxed and pampered.
Service - Every staff member we met was friendly, very helpful and accommodating.
Food - We did the breakfast buffet one day and it was stellar. No way could you even sample everything they offered. We did not eat the dinner buffet, but it looked as impressive as breakfast. $18 SGD for breakfast, and I think $45 SGD for dinner, so yeah, pricey!
Pool - Small but after walking our tootsies off it was cool and refreshing. Late in the day, it was quiet with only a few people around. Round shape does not lend itself well to laps.
Room - Very large, lots of seating and desk/tabletops, inroom wi-fi, one of the most comfortable hotel beds ever, big bathroom with every conceivable amenity, fabulous shower.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer better views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FogboundFergus
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear FogboundFergus

Thank you for sharing your recent experience you had during your stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, the hotels great location, excellant service, and practical facilities. The buffet breakfast we provide is of great value and certainly is aimed at covering all levels of comfort with a large selection to choose from.

Please feel free to contact me direct on brettwalker@fareast.com.sg for your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Lovely new clean hotel, pool was fab. Not many restaurant around so ate in the hotel, Elmar was one of the friendliest waiters who was happy to sheared his local knowledge. Ten minutes from city centre but taxi's are cheap.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Carys H
Brett W, General Manager at Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear CarysH

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Village Hotel Katong.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Elmer, who is very much impressing all our guests with such great serivce.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.