Booked a Club Room to celebrate Valentine's day with my wife and we were not disappointed.
Checking in and out was efficiently handled by Ms Rachel who made us feel very welcome.
The room was spacious with a touch of Peranakan design which we really like and the bathroom was clean.
We went to the relaxing Club Lounge for afternoon tea and hang out about 2 hours there, basically just having coffee, cookie and reading magazine.
Staffs did a good job with helping guest with coffee and cleaning the area.
Lots of eatery across the street and Katong 112 mall was just nearby, so plenty of choice for meal.
However, there are a few things that we would like to highlight on:
1) Club lounge became quite packed during 6pm, due to the cocktail and light snack buffet (6-8pm) served during that time. However, food ran out within half an hour and was not replenished. We saw many guest went in and was disappointed at the finished tray.
2) Given the free flow drinks and food at the Lounge which was only few steps away from our room and the fact that we are allow to bring the drinks back to our room, i safely assume that the same drinks inside the room was also complementary. But only after consuming some before i realized it was not and paid around $10 for one drink and 2 packs of nuts.
Despite these small issue, it was an enjoyable and relaxing stay and we will definitely go back for another staycation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Katong, as its name suggests, brings with it the Nonya flavors of Singapore's Eastern regions of Katong and Marine Parade. This non-smoking 229-room hotel, which features Superior, Deluxe, Club, and Family room categories, provides great value for travellers. All rooms come with an opening balcony, and range in size from 28m2 to 45m2. Village Hotel Katong draws its inspiration from the Peranakan heritage of its surrounding, which can be reflected in the hotel's Straits Chinese design accents.Village Hotel Katong is one of the few hotels which are located near Changi International Airport, and is just opposite Parkway Parade, one of the biggest shopping centres in the East of Singapore. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to and from the hotel and airport. The shuttle services Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3, and operates from 05:00am to 00:30am every day (no reservations are required). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel Katong By Far East Hospitality Singapore