“Not Impressive”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Price paid not worth for the service & food rendered. Servers not attentive, food took way too long to arrive even when the restaurant is not packed. $8 for a small cup of orange juice? But we all agreed that the best dish had to be the beef tartine :)

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

"Fresh" orange juice diluted with water, a tiny tiny jam pot when you take a basket of bread to share, scruffy waiters that do not pay attention to you and 1:40 min to get served. Where are your French standards Paul?! This is the typical example of a low-cost, low-class excellent value-for-money shop that tries to export a luxury "look" just because they are French. You clearly failed! You are better off sticking to what you do best, Paul: nice, tasty boulangerie. Quit trying to copy your brother LaDuree, you have not gotten the same name and experience!
Positives: Cooked-from-frozen croissants don't taste that bad...

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had afternoon tea on a Saturday afternoon... long wait for a table.
Ordered tea... Tea came in a teapot which had too much water for 1 teabag. Found that out when I poured my tea, it was like dishwater .And water was not hot enough. When asked for a another teabag was told had to pay for it. I pointed out that they had put too much water in the pot for one bag and that is why I wanted another bag, we asked to speak to the manager, waiter walked away, eventually we flagged down the waiter that took our order and spoke to him about the problem with the tea, I asked for a replacement pot with a lot less water, which he obliged he then proceeded to tell me not to put so much milk in my tea!!!
I usually visit Paul when in Singapore, on my previous visits the service has been good but this time will be the last time. But does it matter to them...I doubt it.. judging by the line waiting to go in and the attitude of the staff.

2  Thank qqq9
Reviewed April 1, 2013

French Patisserie with lousy coffee - again - my beef with restaurants using UHT milk - what's up with that? Puhlease...I know in France I would get proper quality milk with my Café Au Lait...and why not with quality French pastries and brunch? I'm not going back until they do something about the coffee - oh - and the service.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a really good breakfast at Paul's. Salmon, with turkey ham and eggs were were really great. It can be considered pretty pricey as they charge $8.80 for freshly squeezed orange juice, but the ambience is pretty good. Its a must try for me. :)