“When you enter your jaw will hit the floor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Auld Alliance

The Auld Alliance
Ranked #328 of 10,524 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are pleased to introduce you our bar at Hotel RendezVous, The Auld Alliance which has the largest Whiskey collection in South East Asia. 1350 Whiskies including all the distilleries from Scotland, all the vintages from 1936 to 2000, 120 Japanese Whiskies. We are also proud of our Champagne selection (Billecart Salmon, Cristal Roederer, Dom Perignon, Krug, Salon are available in many vintages), and we propose an unique range of 40 Absinthes that we serve in the 19th century traditional way, using « Fontaine » and « Brouilleur ».Open from :Monday - Thursday : 5pm -1am, Friday - Saturday : 5pm - 2am, Sunday 5pm-12am
Kyle Bay, Australia
“When you enter your jaw will hit the floor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We were means to be going to KL, but decided on Singapore, it was meant to be apparently since a month earlier I discovered that there was an amazing whisky bar there.

If you enjoy whisky this is one of those "make time to go"places. I spent about 10 minutes gawking at the sensational selection, and then the single malts were fantastic! I tried 4 malts I never would have had the chance to else where and each one was a "moment".

The guys here are great, really know their stuff and don't make you feel like an idiot for not knowing or believing something that was mistaken.

Do your self a favor and visit!

Tokyo, Japan
“Very good hide-out type whiskey bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I happen to bump into this bar after I heard that the concept of a whiskey bar. This is especially good for small group, or couples who can relax and enjoy the private time over some glass of whiskey. I especially recommend the set of world whiskey series, if I remember correctly, consists of four selected small glass of whiskey glasses.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Single malt lovers heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you have a hankering for a dram or two of Scottish spirits, this is the place. Hundreds of whiskies to choose from, plus sake, gin, and other wonderful liquors.

Bottles stacked along the bar are fun to browse. Very comfortable bar stools make it easy to linger there. My wife and I spent a few hours at the bar the other night, and sampled several remarkable bottles. Plus, the bartender enlightened us on the history and makeup of each spirit. Lots of fun.

If you want to really relax, there are large cozy leather couches and chairs in the next room.

• Visited October 2012
“A superb whisky experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Without doubt, one of the top ten whisky bars anywhere in the world.

With a selection of 1000 whiskies, cosy old world charm and highly knowledgable staff, it is a whisky lover's paradise.

They don't have a kitchen but they let you bring food from nearby restaurants at no charge!

For non-whisky lovers, they also have a great range of absinthe and champagne, and a fantastic gin and tonic.

Enjoy!

“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am rarely surprised nowadays by new bars or new restaurants.

I thoughts I had seen them all but to be honest this place is breath taking.

I spoke to the boss and discovered someone who knew more about whiskies than a priest about the bible. I could not believe that erudition in whiskies existed but I found one of its professors.

Auld Alliance is a Temple of whiskies. Once you're in there you know you are in a special place.

I also managed to drink the best ever gin & tonic in my life...

Drink reasonably of course, unlike me.

• Visited June 2012