“Decent Burgers, Good to Satisfy a Craving”

Bergs Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #2,318 of 11,762 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been to Bergs twice. Once at their Boat Quay joint and the newer one at Katong. Though the Katong one seems to still be setting up the food here is pretty delicious without question. You can get a burger, fries and a drink for about $15; which may seem a bit outlandish considering the fast food joint down the road can push one out for $4. The burgers here are however very well put together and the variety makes you want to come back to try more. They have a couple of Signature sauces and dishes which really stand out so be sure to ask for those.

If you are really craving a nice juicy, non greasy, solid patty which you can sink your teeth into then this is well worth your time and money.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate here for lunch a couple of times whilst living in Singapore. Great burgers. Especially the falafel one. It's a burger that actually fills you up. Not leaves you wanting to eat something an hour later. Actually feel healthy as well. Great area to wander around as well. Keep up the good work....

Reviewed October 10, 2013

of course we have to try the gourmet burger...well it won't disappoint you because it is yummy!

the staff are all friendly as well

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It was Friday and I was overwhelmed by that Friday feeling. Struggling to concentrate at work I knew I had to do something drastic, I decided to have a good lunch to kick start my cognitive abilities and see me through the day.

A colleague of mine always raves about this place, saying it's the best burger he's had in Singapore but every time I've walked past the queue has been too big to venture in. It's located in the middle of the central business district of Singapore and this day was unfortunately no exception, the queue was astronomical. I waited a good 20 minutes to be served.

After the trauma of waiting I was resolute on a BIG meal. I took the Miss Piggy (Bergs Size aka Massive) which is their signature burger with cheese and bacon, a small portion of french fries and a portion of onion rings. The burger melted in my mouth and the fries, are not girly American fast food fries but real manly cuts of potato cooked to perfection. The difference between Chips and French Fries. The meal came with an old-fashioned style Lemonade which was like a wave of liquid euphoria washing the burger down.

One caveat was the selection of sauces, they gave me 2 sachets of ketchup, which considering the manly portion of food was literally enough to dip two chips and it was gone. They also gave me a very small tub of Dill Mayonnaise which was a disaster. Jamie Oliver style. With hindsight I should have ordered a bigger portion of fries and skipped the Onion rings, they were also not great.

Albeit a little pricey, it was all in all a wonderful burger experience, I was able to get on with my Friday, produce something at work and I was full for literally 12 hours.

Will definitely be vising again.

To

1  Thank TravelingManJack
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The restaurant in Haji Lane exceeded our expectations. Great burgers, very friendly staff and beer happy hour (S$5) after 4pm. We'd definitely come back! We could barely walk after we had eaten our meals - best burger in Asia so far!