“Bad Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The masseur that massaged me was not accurate in the reflex points on my foot. Furthermore, he talks too much and that deprives me of my precious rest. Environment is average. I feel that tourist should check out some of the massage shops near Arab Street. On our last day of our trips, my friend happened to pass by a "Apple Spa" and he was impressed by the service and environment of the spa. It was a pity that I had to catch a flight the very next day, but I will definitely check out the spa on my next trip back to Singapore.

Visited December 2012
9 Thank Silvarico

San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“They know their stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went to Yang Xin Dian SOLELY because of the previous review. My parents and I had a little bit of a hard time finding it amidst the many foot reflexology establishments. We almost gave up on our search when we finally located it. When we arrived, we found that every chair was occupied in this busy little shop (as opposed to the many empty reflexology booths we passed along the way). But because of the previous review, we agreed to the one hour wait. As somebody who has sensitive and ticklish feet, I was somewhat hesitant to voluntarily subject myself to the strong hands of the masseuse. But I was relieved to find that her expertise quieted my reservations. It was quite an enjoyable experience, although necessarily painful at times. My dad to a full-body massage for his ailing back. He entered the room hunched over with stiff muscles. And he came out of the room walking straighter, taller, and more relaxed. While we were there, there was never en empty chair...with many customers greeted with a 2-hr wait. So call ahead for an appointment, especially on the weekends.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank womanonamission777
Sydney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Best foot massage in Singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, obviously 'best' is entirely subjective but I tried out quite a few different foot massage venues in Singapore and this place by far exceeded the others. Yang Xin Dian Foot Reflexology is located amongst a warren of corridoors of small shops on the 3rd floor of the sprawling People's Park Complex in Chinatown. (#03-12/25 to be exact but unfortunately there is no signage in English - it is located directly opposite a travel agency called 'Fly Travel'). There are actually a number of different foot massage places in this shopping complex but Yang Xin Dian seems to be the only one consistently busy and caters pretty much exclusively to local clientele. This no-frills place is clean and simple with a row of very comfy leather recliner chairs facing a couple of large flat screen TV's playing non-English content. You basically choose the length of time required (from memory 1 hr costs S$25) and then you are allocated a seat and a masseur. In the 3 times I visited all the massage therapists seemed to be male but not sure if this is always the case. One thing's for sure they were all taught a the 'no mercy' school of foot massage! The massage therapists really go to town on your feet - amazingly strong hands with very firm pressure and a variety of strokes and areas of the foot targeted. You even get some calf/leg work and a quick neck/shoulder massage thrown in at the end. This is definitely not a place to come to for the trendy ambience or some namby pamby 'foot rub'. But if you're looking for some restorative relief for your tired and aching feet then look no further!

Visited January 2012