“They know their stuff!”

Yang Xin Dian Foot Reflexology
Ranked #64 of 399 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went to Yang Xin Dian SOLELY because of the previous review. My parents and I had a little bit of a hard time finding it amidst the many foot reflexology establishments. We almost gave up on our search when we finally located it. When we arrived, we found that every chair was occupied in this busy little shop (as opposed to the many empty reflexology booths we passed along the way). But because of the previous review, we agreed to the one hour wait. As somebody who has sensitive and ticklish feet, I was somewhat hesitant to voluntarily subject myself to the strong hands of the masseuse. But I was relieved to find that her expertise quieted my reservations. It was quite an enjoyable experience, although necessarily painful at times. My dad to a full-body massage for his ailing back. He entered the room hunched over with stiff muscles. And he came out of the room walking straighter, taller, and more relaxed. While we were there, there was never en empty chair...with many customers greeted with a 2-hr wait. So call ahead for an appointment, especially on the weekends.

3  Thank womanonamission777
in 3 reviews
"chinatown"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, obviously 'best' is entirely subjective but I tried out quite a few different foot massage venues in Singapore and this place by far exceeded the others. Yang Xin Dian Foot Reflexology is located amongst a warren of corridoors of small shops on the 3rd floor of the sprawling People's Park Complex in Chinatown. (#03-12/25 to be exact but unfortunately there is no signage in English - it is located directly opposite a travel agency called 'Fly Travel'). There are actually a number of different foot massage places in this shopping complex but Yang Xin Dian seems to be the only one consistently busy and caters pretty much exclusively to local clientele. This no-frills place is clean and simple with a row of very comfy leather recliner chairs facing a couple of large flat screen TV's playing non-English content. You basically choose the length of time required (from memory 1 hr costs S$25) and then you are allocated a seat and a masseur. In the 3 times I visited all the massage therapists seemed to be male but not sure if this is always the case. One thing's for sure they were all taught a the 'no mercy' school of foot massage! The massage therapists really go to town on your feet - amazingly strong hands with very firm pressure and a variety of strokes and areas of the foot targeted. You even get some calf/leg work and a quick neck/shoulder massage thrown in at the end. This is definitely not a place to come to for the trendy ambience or some namby pamby 'foot rub'. But if you're looking for some restorative relief for your tired and aching feet then look no further!

16  Thank PJ_SYD