“The BEST” 5 of 5 bubbles

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House
Ranked #211 of 10,421 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“The BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been a regular diner at Luke's every since it opened and it is an absolute GEM! Service is fantastic with servers recognising you and greeting you by name. Some even remember what I've eaten there before and love! Ambiance is cool and not pretentious. I love nearly their entire menu (lunch & dinner!). In particular, I'd recommend their rich and creamy clam chowder, their oysters (super fresh), lobster sandwich and all their meats. Seriously. Round off the meal with their AWESOME warm chocolate chip cookies and stout milkshake. I wish the milkshake was served in a much-larger glass as I can never get enough of it! When it's on the menu, their coconut banana crumble is the best in town. Good selection of wine as well.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ItalyGirlHollyGeorge

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Cool ambiance with to die for food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend took me & my husband to Luke's for lunch. When you open the door to step in the restaurant you get the feeling it's going to be a great experience. The decor & ambiance is just right. Very trendy and vibrant feel! We all had a hamburger that melted in our mouths! The pom frites were cooked just right! We were too stuffed after our burger and fries to order dessert but the chef sent something out for us to try which was amazing! You will not be disappointed with Luke's!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank bakerswoodfox
“Solid american fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I started with the clam chowder, as it's always been one of my favorite dishes. It came served in a cute glass jar. Good though a bit too creamy and less 'sea-foody'than what i prefer. As a main I tried the crab-cakes, which were excellent, ie, lumpy/meaty, with the right crispiness. The side-dishes were also all very solid, in particular the lobster mac-and-cheese and the asparagus.
Service was very good for Singapore, discreet and yet ready when needed.
It''s not cheap but at least it's good (it stood above many other over-pricey outlets these days, such as Salt).

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FedwardHyde
Singapore, Singapore
“Culinary Excellence from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

A craving for oysters on a Friday eve after work led us to this brilliant eatery run under the expertise of Luke Mannagan. From the paprika infused savoury bread scones to the perfect blend of ingredients in the tuna Tatar and crab cakes, each dish was a delight. The perfect ending came in the form of the chocolate brownie with peanut butter icecream..perfectly baked and fudgy with a smoky flavour. Although I myself am known for my excellent home baked brownies these were truly exceptional. All in all a place not to be missed, although it is on the pricier end of the scale!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KhushnaeC
Zurich, Switzerland
“Oysters from at least three sources, and original dishes to die for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

During our six weeks stay we were there twice. I went crazy over oysters from Powder Point, Katama Bay & the Beau Soleil.

But equally great were scallops, my son was crazy about the lobster roll and the next time the original burger. The chef was around in the restaurant both times, so he was overseeing what was being delivered to the guests.

Impeccable service and great value.

Visited February 2013