“Beyond the Singaporean norm”

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House
Ranked #367 of 11,573 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 5, 2012

An aesthetically pleasing environment, totally unpretentious and a great ambience. Add to the formula fresh produce, well cooked and presented, and you have one of Singapore's more appealing restaurants. Recommended by knowledgeable friends and only recently visited, I feel as though we have been missing a superior experience.
Friendly and professional staff who know the city and its idiosyncrasies and who also know the value chain for food and wine make it a 'definitely do again' place.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Best meal I had on an admittedly short trip to Singapore, but also one of the better dining experiences I've had for a long time. The food is fairly simple but really well executed. The staff are attentive and the atmosphere great albeit quite busy. The owners have done a great job of converting a traditional shop house into a really modern space. In the same street there are also a couple of good bars for pre or post dinner drinks. Overall highly recommend.

1  Thank Currypow
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ate here when catching up with an American friend when I was on holiday in Singapore on his suggestion. Really good service and food. helpful suggestions from the waiter as to portion size etc. I had the Tuna Tartar, the chop house salad and shared the crab cakes. I really wanted to try a chop as they looked amazing but everything on the menu sounded so good if I had eaten one of the giant chops I would have had no room for anything else. Also had the asparagus as a side which let the meal down a little as I felt it was a over cooked. Wine was the Peter Michael Sonmoma Chardonnay which was also excellent.

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I found this restaurant online read a few reviews and tried it out last night .. we coukdnt get a reservation until 9,30pm but we showed up around 8,45 and they had a table for us , restaurant has a great vibe service was excellent not overpowering but very attentive and genuine and then the food was perfect , I had hot smoked salmon and the naked rib eye cooked perfectly with a perfect flavour .. we couldnt fault the restaurant at all ..

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Wow.. This is one of the best restaurants in town, amazing oysters and lovely meal. Service is great and attention to detail.
will come back with family and friends for sure, keep same quality please. If the noise was less will be perfect