“Pay for Food OK, Pay for Water, not OK!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of TGI Friday's - CLOSED

TGI Friday's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mexican, Pub, South American, Central American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Joo Chiat
Singapore, Singapore
“Pay for Food OK, Pay for Water, not OK!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food at TGI Fridays is good and portions are generous. I have been to this restaurant several times. They have a new policy that they won't supply tap water to patrons. If you want water, you have to purchase a bottle. There are plenty of restaurants in Singapore that happily offer a choice of tap or bottled water. I won't return to TGI Fridays unless they rescind this policy.

Visited June 2013

singapore
“Standard has dropped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The last time I eat at Fridays was in Orchard Road where they still have an outlet and while was in Makati, Philippines 2 years back. Ever since Katong branch opened, I boosted to my wife the quality food and how much I enjoy myself at these place.
So in early May, during my birthday, I decided we should give it a try. We ordered cheese balls, mushroom soup and a beef steak. It was a bad choice coming here. The pictures on the menu looks so tempting but taste so different. There was hardly any cheese and the steak has no taste at all, worst of all we paid over a $100 for this meal.
If you could, try skipping this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank dino1963
Singapore
“TGIF as usual: good food, pretty good cocktails...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were here last week... had a burger with fries, the usual fare, the kind of stuff that TGIF does really well. I also compare it to HardRock Cafe which has a similar vibe. Steaks are on the pricy side though, but this is typical for Singapore. Cocktails are very straight forward no frills but consisently good and somewhat affordable considering. I like this place.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank mbaas
Singapore, Singapore
“Nasty experience and waste of money for our anniversary dinner date!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I made a 7pm reservation for our anniversary dinner and this was meant to be a surprise for my partner. Apparently, he has tried the branch in Malaysia and raved about it. He was utterly surprised when we arrived at the mall and knew where I was bringing him. We arrived to find a rather crowded place. We waited for a bit at the entrance and there was no one who bothered to come up and welcome the guests.
A Filipino waitress acknowledged our presence finally (but from a distance) and signaled hastily if its table for 2 and she turned her head around even before I could inform her I have a reservation. The unpleasant first impression didn't stop at just one; we got a booth seat inside, near the windows.
We placed our order and decided on Quesadillas to share for starters, fish and chicken for our mains, a mojito and a fruity cocktail. Drinks came quite soon. I didn't enjoy my mojito. Then came my partner's main course (fish) and we waited... Quesadillas arrived; after the main course! Can you believe it? So I had some while waiting for my apparently famous Jack Daniel chicken. I recall drinking so much of my drink that my face was flushing red and still my food didn't come!
It was really difficult to catch the attention of the staff, there were quite a few of them on floor actually and one would think that surely they would be in charge of certain tables. Both of us waved desperately trying to catch their attention - well, just someone's attention. It was 8+pm & it feels like we are wasting our evening in a noisy and packed restaurant. Finally someone came and we informed them my main course had not arrived and my partner had already finished his food. Seems like we can leave now. The staff apologized and went to check. About 10minutes later, my 2 pieces of JD chicken arrived. Looks good and so I dug in. By then, it's almost 9pm that my dinner is served. First piece of chicken went well, then the 2nd piece, I couldn't even poke my fork into it. It was hard as rock!!! By then, I seriously lost all patience and sympathy for the new joint. My partner called for the manager and told him of our experience. I urged the manager to try and cut into the chicken and tell me what he felt of his food standards. He apologized and took the dish back into the kitchen. He asked if we wanted a new piece, I declined. I told him this is truly embarrassing for such a famous eatery to destroy our anniversary experience and to think there are ample manpower working. It was almost 9.30pm, I just want to leave the place and spend our date together elsewhere! He waived off the price of the chicken dish from our bill and gave us 2 complimentary dessert voucher for our next visit; which we did not utilize as it expired quickly. Our bill still came up to around $60. Not cheap for an unhappy night!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“My place for L I T”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

True to its glory, TGIF never disappoints. the food and the LIT are something to look forward to ..
It now has nee outlets as well. So one would not need to travel a bit more to enjoy this gastronomic adventure

Visited August 2012