“Great food, but a bit pricey”
Review of Annam - CLOSED

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The service was great and the food exquisite. The only downside on the evening was the bill. We both took the set menu and a not particularly expensive bottle of wine. Total damage 275 dollars, which is just too much and does really make you think twice about going out to places like this.

2  Thank Travellerwithoutname

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had the set lunch which was beautifully presented. Had the crispy (hanoi) rolls followed by delicious sea bass with smoky aubergine sauce. Just right for lunch. My friend had salt & pepper squid followed by pork rib soup - a more substantial meal which she couldn't finish. Charming and attentive waitresses. Quite pricey at S$80 for two so if you are just looking for a Vietnamese food fix find a food ct. I shall be bringing my husband here for a Date Night ... But don't tell him ... It's a surprise!

1  Thank Jan E
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was aware of the existence of this restaurant, part of the Les Amis Group for some time & decided to try it during lunch one day. Was seated but not offered a menu while a couple who were sat later were offered menus right away. Putting it down to an oversight, I asked for & was handed a menu. Decided to try the pho (beef noodle soup) & an appetizer of the rice paper rolls. Rice paper rolls were average but the pho was a disappointment. The soup was flavorless & not to be unkind but even the version served up by Glow at the Hilton (at the same price of $28++) had more depth. I should add that there was a long wait between my order & the food arriving. As an after thought, the waitress plonked down a basket of prawn crackers so I had something to munch while waiting. I didn't feel there was any redeeming value to this restaurant. Purportedly some of the waitstaff were Vietnamese but there was a lack of warmth & sincerity. I wasn't left with any overwhelming desire to return.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was there 3 weeks ago with two other friends for the third time.
A selection of appetizer was excellent as always, main course lamb dish was tender, juicy and delicious. My friend had frog legs with turmeric and he said it was the best he ever tasted.
Restaurant was busy, played nice classic French music to match with the atmosphere.
I have traveled to Vietnam on a number of occasions and have not found this level of food even in Saigon. Let alone, no competitor in Singapore - highly recommend!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had a visit to Annam last night with 3 others,very limited al a carte menu so we asked the male waiter if we could order a dish off the set menu,a female waitress arrived at our table to take orders,one order being from the set menu,told us we couldn't do that,the female staff were very officious and curt, the male guy was fine,so we waited for the guy to return and it wasn't a problem,food was a good standard,very small servings and very over priced, interestingly at the start of the night the waiter spilt wine down my leg and into my shoe,he rushed with gusto to the kitchen to get a cloth and promptly wiped up the mess FROM THE FLOOR,much to the amusement of my fellow diners,he then returned with my glass of wine saying it was complimentary, yes you got it, the bill came,the wine was charged,i mentioned it to him, he said "the good service was complimentary not the wine",i wasn't after anything free after what had happened the point was his attempted recovery was non existent,anyway way over priced average to good Vietnamese food,not returning

2  Thank David C