“Helpful staff and clean rooms”

Park Avenue Rochester Hotel
Ranked #88 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location was very convenient for our purpose -to settle our son in school (UWCSEA in Dover) which was a 5 min taxi drive or a 15-20 min bus ride door to door. The Buona Vista MRT is a 5 min walk. The rooms were nice and clean with all necessities. The bathroom was of good size - spic and span. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. The free wifi and free local calls were highly welcome. I did not try the restaurant in the hotel as it did not have many vegetarian choices but there were many restaurants nearby, Holland village is also one stop away and has many restaurants. Overall I would recommend this hotel to all the people who have work near that area. We has stayed in the superior room, only the room size was a bit smaller than my expectations but comfort wise I have no complains. I would definitely stay there if I went back to meet my son at Dover. I had first booked for two nights but decided to stay on for 3 more as it suited my purpose in all regards. It was a happy and nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well, nothing too fancy about this place. Was just looking something within my budget while all the other hotels were really overpriced during the long weekend in Singapore. A quiet place with hype at the back where the restaurants are. They do not offer complimentary parking within their premises unlike normal hotels, its being charged at 5.5/unlimited entry a day. It's still quite a hefty price even though we dont leave the carpark for a day, we still gotta pay when we leave the next day. But because we went out for dinner, we had to pay everytime we went out.. which wasnt very pocket friendly.

We got the superior room which was really box sized and had not much space besides walking space. Spacious is definitely not the word for it, guess it's just sufficient. Toilets just have a bathtub, sink and toilet bowl with just space infront of the sink to walk into the bathtub/pee/brush teeth.

Staff was nice because they accommodated of request for a late check out, which was really helpful :D

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I may be biased as I just came from traveling in India where hot showers are rare in the simple, spartan places I tend to stay in. But my stay was lovely, especially my long soak in the bath! The amenities (decent quality toiletreies, nice lighting, very comfortable beds, high speed WiFi, and concierge service) were as to be expected in such an establishment. I wish the breakfast was included, but it still had a lot of options. Finally, the staff was very helpful, and even reminded me to make sure I had all my documents before my flight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and it is very okay. The place is very convenient. The Star Vista Mall is just a few blocks away. And if you want to go to other places, the Buono Vista Station is the nearest station.

The Deluxe Room is prolly the best room but much expensive than their standard rooms. However, their bedrooms for 2 persons is not that convenient since the beds are already situated beside each other, so it's like having a queen size bed but 2 beds attached to each other. The door of their bathroom also is quite open. It's a glass door with open spaces at the sides. So there's really no privacy.

Also, no breakfast. They offer discounts though in some spa/massage within the vicinity and a 15-minute free massage. :)

Room Tip: Very near The Star Vista Mall, Buono Vista Station, Hawkers, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ridvan B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

While the price is very reasonable the size of the rooms the price should be much lower. The rooms are so small the have to leave the room to change an idea. There is a mall next door and a number of very average restaurants close by. Staff is very nice.

Room Tip: If you don't take a suite you will find a total lack of space
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business trip, first impression was good, quick check-in, staff are friendly, helpful and polite. I had the superior room which is the smallest type in the hotel. For a 4 nights stay for myself is fine. Room is clean and new water bottles are provided everyday. free Wi-Fi is quick in the room. The only downside is that the air-con didn't work on my final night stay. It didn't bother me because I was tired and it wasn't too hot. Also, the hotel is only few minutes walk to Buona Vista MRT and the new Star Vista which has many restaurants and food court inside.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Abdul R
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest in one of the executive suites in park avenue rochester. I really liked the suite with a full living room and kitchen. The hotel is atone throw away from the mrt station, making commute very convenient. The hotel staff is very helpful and welcome all guests with a smile. On checkout they kept my luggage in the store till 8pm and then also let me use the facilities to take a quick shower before my flight. Really great customer service. Will definitely recommend to business travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013