“Excellent massage for a reasonable price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Afond Boutique Spa
Ranked #10 of 213 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: AFOND Boutique Spa, established in 2000, is a luxury spa in the heart of historic Chinatown. Accredited by CASETRUST and Spa Association of Singapore, we are one of the best couple spas with great service at affordable prices. Located at South Bridge Road and Holland Village, we have individual massage rooms, as well as spacious couple spa rooms. With facilities such as an infrared sauna, a couple’s Jacuzzi and en-suite bathrooms, AFOND Boutique Spa is a perfect place to relax and rejuvenate with our massage, spa and facial services. We are new to Tripadvisor, do leave us your feedback for us to improve. Note: Overseas reservation can be made after online payment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Excellent massage for a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I went there on her birthday to do a maternity massage. There was a special package for her and him massages in a couple room. The company opened a new outlet in Chinatown. It was a new, clean and comfortable. The massage was perfect and the therapists (especially for my wife) very attentive to our needs. The only downside, the manager/owner that tries to sell you with insistence a thousand dollars package. One "no thanks" should suffice to be clear. Anyway that won't stop us for returning and maybe do this famous pakcage.

Visited October 2013
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad that our award winning and famous Prenatal Massage have been well received by your wife. Do come back to us and try our variety of massage promotions, we also offer Post Natal Massage for your wife after delivery. Only consider a long term package with AFOND Spa when you are comfortable and satisfied with the types of massages we offer. Your reaffirmation gives us strength to continue our philosophy of high quality service with no pressure selling. Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent service, value and very relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

When scouting for prices for a massage, my journey to Afond started with the phone ringing out. However, not two minutes later I received a call back. That in itself was enough to pique my interest.

Located in the middle of Chinatown (opposite Temple St.) The massage consisting of a body scrub and 90 minute body rub was excellent.

My only criticism is that my room was next to a service area so the two hours was interspersed with rattling and sinks emptying.

Thank you for your great review and honest feedback. We have taken note of your observation about the noise level of the service / pantry area, we will be looking into ways to reduce the noise and educate our staffs to be more observant of the peace and tranquility of AFOND Spa.

We look forward to serving you again soon and this time around we are confident of securing your last star for our quality service. Cheers!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly disappointing... Not worthy of previous reviews.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

First off, both my wife and I have massages frequently. On this occasion I wanted to be with her for one last massage in Singapore.
After reading great reviews I thought it certainly would be great.

Before the massage started there were none of the important questions like; What pressure do you want?; are there any area you would like me to focus?; etc.
During the massage I got a good firm back massage then followed by what I can only call "stroking" of my arms and legs! The head "massage" only achieved a messy restyle of my hair. This was after asking twice for more pressure.
My wife's experience was similar, so I conclude it is down to poor training by the management.
To top it off, $230 for two people is NOT value for money in Singapore!!!!
Seriously disappointed and heading off to get a proper massage as I haven't had it yet!

2 Thank El_Viajes_Piloto
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Good day, thank you for your feedback. It is our policy to let all customers fill up a health questionnaire thereafter followed by asking about the strength of the massage and the problem areas to focus on. This information is then passed on to the therapists, all of whom are trained regularly.

Body Massage is a very personalised service, and hence the different varieties of style, strength, type of massages have to be correctly matched to the customer's needs before achieving the desired relaxation and rejuvenation. In order to meet everyone's expectations, we ask a series of questions in order to do a proper match to the correct therapist, style and strength of massage. If there is a mismatch, the end result is a mediocre body massage experience at best, no matter how experienced the therapist is.

As you have mentioned that you enjoy massages regularly, it is important to note that the promotion you had was for Aromatic Body Massage, which is a style similar to Swedish Body Massage, while your request for stronger massage is noted by the therapist. Perhaps you should have let us know before the start of the massage so that we could have changed the massage and therapist for you to a Deep Tissue Massage, which was differently priced.

We will continue to do our best and upgrade our service levels, meeting the high expectations that comes with being ranked one of the best service Spa in Singapore. We hope that your first experience have not put us in your permanent disfavour. We do hope to serve you again, perhaps for a Deep Tissue Massage tailored to your specific needs.
Bratislava
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Afond Spa provided excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

- Warm welcome
- Tea before and after the massage (might be with less sugar)
- Premises are very nice and very clean
- Staff is friendly, Englich speaking
- Staff explained, what´s happening during the massage and ensured you feeling well

Visited September 2013
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your five stars rating and excellent review. We will take note of your feedback about the tea being too sweet, I will do a taste test tomorrow just to make sure we arn't putting too much sugar.

AFOND Spa pride ourselves as being one of the best service orientated Spa in Singapore. We are glad that our team have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing AFOND Spa for your relaxation and rejuvenation needs, we hope to serve you again soon! Cheers.
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“so relaxing I fell asleep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked in for an hour long aromatherapy full body massage - it was amazing complete calm and tranquility they check that you are ok with the pressure and then just get started. A brilliant way to end my trip to Singapore and very much worth the money.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your five stars rating and excellent review. Your appreciation goes a long way to boost the morale of our whole team. Thank you for choosing AFOND Spa for your relaxation and rejuvenation needs, we hope to serve you again soon! Cheers.