“great place to go for a massage”
Review of Afond Boutique Spa

Afond Boutique Spa
Ranked #14 of 273 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: AFOND Boutique Spa, established in 2000, is a luxury spa in the heart of historic Chinatown. Accredited by CASETRUST and Spa Association of Singapore, we are one of the best couple spas with great service at affordable prices. Located at South Bridge Road and Holland Village, we have individual massage rooms, as well as spacious couple spa rooms. With facilities such as an infrared sauna, a couple’s Jacuzzi and en-suite bathrooms, AFOND Boutique Spa is a perfect place to relax and rejuvenate with our massage, spa and facial services. We are new to Tripadvisor, do leave us your feedback for us to improve. Note: Overseas reservation can be made after online payment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was given a gift package to this spa and enjoyed a 30 minute body scrub followed by an hour massage (lavender oil). It was WONDERFUL. I appreciated a shower in the room so I didn't have to walk out in the hall to a shower after the scrub but all was in the one room. The place is very nice, staff is pleasant, and the massage was one of the best I've had. I was impressed that the staff knew it was a birthday gift; even knew that I had delayed scheduling beyond my actual birthday. I was also glad that the inevitable invitation to buy a package (since I live in the area) wasn't a hard sale. They respected my 'no' and didn't try to change my mind. A great experience. Highly recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank SusanandLouis
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you taking your precious time to write this excellent review for us. Our team at AFOND Spa take pride in providing high quality, personalized service. Your encouraging words reaffirm our commitment and dedication to great service. Do come back to us to enjoy other promotions, perhaps with your loved ones. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Work does tend to dominate my life and after a crazy week in the office I was exhausted by the time Friday came around and I hoped on board Scoot (the low cost airline, which incidently, is perfectly passable!) and flew to Singapore for a few days. I had booked a spa treatment at AFOND for my first afternoon there. I found AFOND on Trip Advisor and called them to make an appointment, I spoke with Rhys (Manager, perhaps partner in the biz) and he advised me of the best package for me, and told me to pay via PAYPAL which I did. He was very helpful and even thought to check what time my flight arrived so I did not book the treatments too close to my arrival time.
The spa was easy to find, in a major China Town street. As I walked in the staff greeted me by name and after filling in a brief standard form I was shown to the treatment room, which was clean, cool, spacious and had a nice ambiance. The treatments (deep tissue massage & facial) were great - truly pampering, respectfully managed, a professional but friendly small amount of chatter, totally relaxing and totally worth the price, about AU$205 for 2.5 hours of treatment. it is the monsoon season in Singapore and a great storm of thunder and heavy rain raged over AFOND spa making the whole experience feel even more exotic and cocooning!!

3  Thank Amanda F
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and excellent review. All of us at AFOND Spa will continue our good service and I will inform the therapist that served you that day about a good job done. Thank you for your "pat on the back" for us, your kind words will keep our morale high! Cheers and don't work too hard!

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Went with my partner. We each got an hour long aromatic full body massage. The rooms where clean and comfortable and the service was great.

2  Thank Kerouc

Thank you for your excellent review, perhaps you can plan more time to relax and rejuvenate your tired body the next time you are back in Singapore. We will continue to work hard and keep up our good service standards.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

All the time when I am in Singapore I go to the AFOND Spa for a massage or facial treatment. The staff is very friendly and professional. I really can recommend this place! The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. The perfect placeto relax - you feel as new born after a aroma therapy massage

1  Thank noname n
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, it brings a smile to our AFOND Spa Team. Do come back to AFOND Spa when you are back in Singapore again. We will continue to work hard and maintain our service quality. Cheers!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

A really nice and affordable spa! Great service and good massage in Chinatown. Recommended! The Chinatown branch has really nice and modern facilities.

2  Thank Marius G
RhysNg, Manager at Afond Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you Marius for the excellent review, we understand that you must be tired from the 17 hours flight you had. We hope the masseurs took care of your jet lag =) Also, we hope the "local tips" from us will help you find your way around Singapore, we wish you a happy holiday! If you do come back to Singapore, do return to us and try our other massage promotions then. Cheers.