“So Amazing”
Review of Willow Stream Spa

Willow Stream Spa
Ranked #25 of 240 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Singapore, brimming with unbridled energy, embodies the finest of both East and West and is the perfect home for Willow Stream Spa. Located in the heart of Singapore, the spa and hotel are minutes away from world-class shopping, exciting nightlife, the business and cultural districts and many of the area's most beautiful sites and green spaces. Willow Stream Spa has created experiences that reflect the needs of Singapore visitors and locals alike with authentic and energizing spa treatments.
Invercargill, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So Amazing”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I had a couples massage at the Willow Stream and it was amazing, it is a beautiful spa, very relaxing, so clean and the staff are super. The facilities are beautiful, we were taken to the ladies/gentlemen changing areas, then taken into the relaxation room until our therapist came to collect us, we went through to our massage room, it was beautifully set up and very comfortable, then it began!!!! We had a full body massage and it was simply amazing, our therapists were so considerate and asked us if the pressure was ok etc , it was one of the best ways to spend 90 minutes ever, we just didn't want to leave. We were so super relaxed when we left which was good because we had been travelling for a couple of weeks and needed some pampering, definitely will return to Willow Stream in the future.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank andyreece

• Korean first
San Diego, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Luxury Spa Inside the Swissotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Amazing spa set up and services offered! It's right next to the gym area which is a 2 floor moderately sized area with seemingly new weight machines and cardio machines. I had the relaxation massage (which is basically like a swedish massage) and Lee Khun did an amazing job, I was very sore from my 18 hour flight from LA to Singapore and she took good care of me. The 60 minute treatment costs about $159 Singaporean dollars.

The sauna, steam room, 2 jacuzzis, and cold dip pool are nicely designed all co-located right next to each other so you don't have to walk far. The quiet room is so peaceful, I passed out almost right away. They serve you water or tea at all times ensuring you're fully hydrated and you'll find baskets of fruit throughout the spa area. Their showers and locker-room and kept nice and neat at all times. The spa area was free for my use everyday (I'm guessing it came with the hotel package?), which is always refreshing especially after a long day's worth of traveling around the city in the hot muggy weather.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank tkietika
RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Director of Quality at Willow Stream Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review.

We take pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent experience at Willow Stream Spa, particularly the massage by Lee Khun, as well as the usage of the spa facilities. Your many compliments will only motivate the therapists and the rest of the team to continue seeking ways to enhance our guests’ experience.

We look forward to serve you again on your next visit to Singapore.

Best regards,
Brian Tan
Director of Quality
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Slippery and dangerous, and condescending Management”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This spa has lovely facilities (albeit a little dated) and polite staff BUT the wet areas of the spa (ie jacuzzi, steam room) bathroom are DANGEROUS! I know because last december I slipped on the tiles in the steam room and fell, injuring my back seriously. Granted that steam rooms are wet areas and caution must be taken to thread carefully (everyone who frequents steam rooms would know this - duh!), conditions at the Willow Stream Spa steam room are simply too conducive for such an accident to happen: the steam was mixed with essential oil making the surfaces slippery, there were neither non-slip mats nor handrails in the steam room, the slate floor were uneven, for added friction, BUT dirt and grime was stuck in the crevices making the tile surface slippery. Also, this is the first steam room in the world I've ever been to without any anti-slip netted floor covering. Other facilities I have been to which did not have such flooring were heated rooms (dry radiant heat) that did not have wet floors or oily atmospheres.

What really makes me angry is the Management's (of the Fairmont Singapore ) attitude towards guest safety and their insistence that their premises is safe even after being alerted of the circumstances surrounding my accident. They made the point that since handrails are not legally required in steam rooms, that therefore their steam room is fine. They also defended the addition of essential oil into the steam, saying it is a small amount added to alcohol which evaporates due to the heat of the steam - if they had any sense, they would realize that oil does NOT evaporate at the temperature of steam (only the alcohol does) but would instead build up and form a layer over the surfaces of the room. Even so called natural slate tiles would become slippery in such conditions! As for the dirt and grime allegation, well though they insist that the steam room floor is cleaned every night, it still would not explain how I had some dirt 'clumps' that were stuck to my feet and legs when I left the room (remember that I fell and was therefore sitting on the ground of the steam room).

There have been feedback from a number of my colleagues who have used the jacuzzi and plunge pools that the area lacked handrails and the surrounding area (also slate tiles) was slippery when wet as well.

Anyway, this is to warn everyone about the hazards at Willow Stream Spa - go at your own risk! To think people should pay 5 star prices for facilities with 1 star safety standards. I was lucky that I didn't become paralysed as a result of my slip and fall accident (but I did suffer from excruciating pain for over 2 weeks) - but a person could be seriously injured, become handicapped or even die from such an accident. The Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Singapore should be FULLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACCIDENTS on their premises due to the safety lapses at their facilities and for not having regard for the safety of their patrons to improve the facilities.

THUMBS DOWN FOR WILLOW STREAM SPA AT THE FAIRMONT SINGAPORE

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Momo B
London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“pretty and pricey- very very nicey”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

at the end of hectic business trip, when hotel had thrown me out of my room, booked a treatment at the spa to unwind in the remaining few hours. spa facilities were very good- sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, hot and cold plunge pools. Lots of showers and space to change etc. Relaxation room to wait in before therapist collects you for your treatment- complete with two types of tea and water ready. almost forgot the average service at the hotel because the staff at the spa were so nice.

Visited March 2012