“Uplifted spirits from visiting this place”
Review of Ode To Art

Ode To Art
Ranked #208 of 822 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ode To Art represents an international spectrum of artists with diverse collections of paintings, sculptures, photography, and installation art. Currently with spaces in Singapore and Malaysia, Ode To Art has in its portfolio some of the most distinguished names in contemporary art in the likes of Fernando Botero, Mauro Perucchetti, Qin Feng, Chen Wenling, Lee Jung Woong and Lim TzePeng. The gallery is also actively involved in the development of contemporary art and promotes many promising international emerging artists from their various genres of visual arts.
Singapore, Singapore
“Uplifted spirits from visiting this place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Some of my tourist friends are currently staying in the Swissotel but the current haze situation had dampened their spirits greatly. As staying outdoors had become dangerous, they have been looking for alternative activities and places to visit indoors. Being right beside Ode To Art, they made a trip down to the gallery during lunch two days back and really liked this gallery. The chic interiors and variety of art pieces were what attracted them most. They found the sculptures by Mauro Peruchetti very cute and the colourful paintings by Kendall very uplifting amidst the smoky sky and dull atmosphere.

“Enriching art experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visiting Ode To Art was a refreshing art experience. They have an international range of artists displayed in the gallery, such as American, Australian, Indonesian, Korean, Singaporean, European, etc. I was particularly interested in their range of Korean artists like Jung Kwang Sik. These artists are hard to find elsewhere in Singapore. The sculpture of Jung Kwang Sik displayed had captivated me at the first sight. The art consultants helped to pull out a few more of his sculptures hung on other sliding panels and helped me have a greater understanding of the different levels of his black granite art.

“Must-see gallery”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I came with my uncle who's an art enthusiast, and we really enjoyed our visit. The gallery’s like a breath of fresh air in the city: well-lit and classy, with a good mix of paintings and sculptures on display. We discovered some quirky pieces by Chen Wenling, which my uncle considered purchasing for his office. The service was excellent - we felt very welcome when we stepped in because of the gallery staff, who were cheerful and patient with all our art-related questions. The gallery itself may look quite small at first, but guess what! There are wall panels that can be pulled out to reveal even more artworks! I was very entertained by that haha. Overall love the hidden-space concept, but I felt it would be nice if the layout allowed for more “private” viewing space. But I'd definitely recommend this gallery to all art-lovers out there!

Visited May 2013
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great place for the apt artworks for my home :)”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently bought a new house and was looking at some art pieces to decorate my place. A friend of mine suggested Ode To Art to get a good idea of the expanse of artworks available. My trip down to Ode To Art was absolutely worth it - I was able to find so many art pieces suitable for the atmosphere I hoped to create in my master bedroom and living room that I was having difficulty narrowing down to 1 for each area. I was even able to select a cute Wu Liangyan sculpture for my living room for which I have been complimented by almost all who have seen it.

Pune, India
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Its actually very good collection but doesn’t worth to go specially to see this attraction”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You will get 15-20 paintings of very top quality but specifically going to see 15 paintings instead of outstanding attractions doesn’t worth. That’s why I have rated just average because after seeing 5 ratings by all other members I went to see with lots of expectation and I was very disappointed by seeing entire collection i.e. just equivalent to 2 small shops and its over.

Visited May 2013