My wife and I stayed here for one night and I would say it's a good hotel for the following purposes:
1. you are not choosy with the amount of space you have, as long as you have a bed and a toilet and shower in a decent room
2. you are not traveling with a family of more than 2, kids will find it hard to sleep and you might need extra rooms for them to sleep in.
3. you want to visit some shops and head out to Sentosa.
4. It's convenient to the train station.
The service was pretty good and staff are friendly. I think this hotel has 2 main views, 1 is the view of the cemetery (eek!) and the other is looking directly at the motorway/Vivocity shopping mall/bridge to Sentosa. If you stay here I recommend any view except for the cemetery one, although I hear that the motorway looking room gets noisy? We didn't really experience this problem when we stayed there on the 8th floor.
One really great thing is the mini bar is completely complimentary! I'm not sure if this is for all guests but the hotel said we could eat and drink everything in there, so that was nice. It was decently stocked with lots of snacks, beers, juices etc so least to say we were happy about that.
It is a compact hotel where you would probably have about 20-25sqm of space squeezing in a shower room and toilet. So if someone is using the toilet or shower, you can hear everything....
It's packed with many amenities like slippers, shaver, cotton buds etc so that was good that it was provided. The closet space was really small but again if you are not staying long at this hotel I don't think it would be an issue.
Across the road is Vivocity shopping mall, which was really big, so I think this is a great place to kill time and have something to eat.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for romantic getaways or enjoyment, but I could see that some business travellers or single people would like to use this hotel. For us it was more of a place to stay and sleep before we have to wake up early the following day to go to the airport. It served it's purpose and it was a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the gateway to Sentosa, in the heart of it all. The diamante-inspired facade, Bay Hotel Singapore, sets the stage for a pleasant stay of convenience in a modern boutique hotel. The 11-storey hotel comes fully equipped with its own set of modern comforts and facilities, home with 333-rooms offering stunning views of Sentosa or verdant embrace of Mount Faber through its panoramic bay windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Hotel Singapore