Tripadvisor

Ranked #532 of 15,060 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Description: Experience a modern interpretation of Straits Chinese, or Peranakan, cuisine in our daily lunch, dinner and weekend high tea buffet spreads. Indulge in new menu highlights such as Nyonya Satay Chicken and Braised Pork Belly La Mian, along with all-time favourites including our signature Ayam Buah Keluak and Durian Pengat.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Couldn’t fault the breakfast. Very good choice of food to suit all tastes. Service a bit haphazard but staff friendly.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (350)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We had booked a table for the Christmas Eve Buffet Dinner a month before and was confirmed by the hotel on 24 November 2019. However, on that night, we were assigned a table at a corner. During the 2-hour buffet dinner, no service staff would come to help us refill the water or collect the plates. All of the staff there did not come near to our table, we could hardly find a service staff to come to help.
In the next morning, we had our breakfast at the cafe again. I went the station (egg/omelette), I queued up there waiting to my turn. After the one who was in front of me had collected his egg, a Caucasian came to the other side of the queue, the elderly chef turned to the Caucasian guest and asked me what he wanted. He did look at me but ignored me.
This was a very bad experience with such a poor customer service.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Came for the sunday lunch buffet to celebrate a birthday. Buffet spread consisted of local and perenakan delicacies with seafood on ice. If you enjoy a good variety of local food this buffet is for you.
However, the service was poor. We had to constantly call on waiters to keep refilling our water. There was a cup on our table stained with coffee on the inside. We had informed the waitress only to be kept waiting- she did not even return with a new cup and went on to serve other guests. It seemed as if the staff were inexperienced. The table napkin was also torn on the insides. Did not expect this from a 4 star hotel.
For the price, service and variety of food I would say it is substandard.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Huge breakfast variety with plenty enough to eat for 2 whole hours. Omelette station was great with option of egg white omelette as well. Even a vitality corner which offers healthy options, alongside a real honeycomb. I like!

Reviewed November 22, 2019

very good diner here.
nice relaxed atosphere and good service.
this is the restaurant from swisshotel Merchant court
recommended but a bit pricey

Date of visit: November 2019