“Good service, good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ellenborough Market Cafe
Ranked #638 of 10,421 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International, Asian, Singaporean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Quays
Description: Experience a modern interpretation of Straits Chinese, or Peranakan, cuisine in our daily lunch, dinner and weekend high tea buffet spreads. Indulge in new menu highlights such as Nyonya Satay Chicken and Braised Pork Belly La Mian, along with all-time favourites including our signature Ayam Buah Keluak and Durian Pengat.
Melbourne, Australia
“Good service, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate at this restuarant as we were staying at the hotel. The service was very good as was the food however I thought that the restuarant lacked any ambiance but it could have just been that day - who knows.

Visited April 2013

Singapore
“Nice Dinner Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice buffet at Clarke Quay area, famous for durian dessert. Food quality is good. The variety is consider ok. Price around $42++ per person.

• Visited February 2013
Singapore
“The raw salmon was not fresh, and the prawn dumplings not nice either.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I came here with my family for afternoon tea yesterday afternoon. However, the prawn dumplings (har gao) was not nice, my mom also picked an item of food which looks like carrot cake, but it was not nice at all, she said.

My husband and my mom ate the raw salmon too, but the colour of the fish was not right. My mom ended up with very bad diahorrea after midnight, and my husband also had diahorrea this morning. :(

Shocking to discover that there was a very big mosquito at the edge of my warm water cup, my husband managed to kill the mosquito, and I asked the waiter to change another cup of warm water for me.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Peranakan Buffet at the traditional Swisshotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My hubby wanna go for buffet and I wanna go for Peranakan food, not many places in Singapore provide such deal, except Swisshotel Merchant Court - it provides plenty choices of Peranakan food for buffet, which suits what we wanted.

I would say this hotel looks very classy and traditional to me, so does this hotel cafe. I was quite impressed. It has such strong traditional and stylish Peranakan atmosphere in the cafe - the china being used to hold the Peranakan foods, the huge Peranakan printed vase in the middle of food bar etc, all the elements added up to create such harmony environment.

Each person pays ard SGD 52++ is a good deal for such environment and quality Peranakan Foods in buffet style.

We would definitely consider to visit again :)

• Visited March 2013
Meridian, ID
“Excellent Dinner Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ate one dinner at the seafood buffet. The tiger prawns were outstanding. I also ordered a crepe and was about third in line. Went back to sit down, and the cook actually came and got me to make sure I got my crepe. Excellent service!

Visited January 2013