“Disappointing Stay”
Review of Arianna Hotel

Arianna Hotel
Ranked #294 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Me and my 2 x colleges have stayed in this Hotel from 22nd to 27th September 2013 during an official trip to Singapore. We did not make any prior booking through the internet. We directly went from airport to the hotel and found a Malaysian Gentleman in the reception desk. We were told by the said clerk that currently they do not have any single room available. However, we may take 3 x individual Double room at a cost of S$82 + + per room, per night. If we can make a decision, then we may wait outside till 01:30 PM because until that time, the rooms are expected to be made ready. In view of our tiredness due to night long airplane journey and in view of convenient location of this hotel in the Little India, we decided to wait outside till the rooms would be vacant. As promised by the hotel staff, 3 x rooms were ready by 01:30 PM and after taking the key, we all went inside to our respective rooms. After entering to my room, I got the first impression that it is not a double room as claimed by the hotel, but a single and very ordinary type of room with a semi double bed put inside. There has been no windows, no provision for keeping the least bit of any clothing, no area for keeping at least one suitcase. The toilet was even too small. The aircon was working fine but I was unable to sleep the whole night due to a very malicious and bad smell approaching from inside of this room. I am a frequent traveler but I very seldom have experienced such type of awful stink in an inhabited hotel. The next day I brought the matter to the knowledge of the other clerk on duty but it appeared to me that the hotel is quite familiar of hearing this types of objection from their guests on regular basis and therefore, they simply avoid and ignore this types of issues. The only advantage of this hotel is its location in Little India (near the Mustafa Centre). In view of my very latest unpleasant experience, I will certainly not recommend any new traveller to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank cmhirany
There are newer reviews for Arianna Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is located opposite Mustafa, the 24 hour shopping centre. It has got lot of restaurants just outside on the roadside. The only drawback is that there are many windowless rooms, which proves quite claustrophobic sometimes. Otherwise it is good, service is also ok & the reception services are also good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anuj N
Reviewed September 7, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER....STAY AWAY. We had booked three rooms there for our family. We took one look at the rooms and asked for a refund, we were told that we would be charged for 1 night for all three rooms. The sheets were stained and the pillows had oil on them. The room had a damp smell and I don't even want to start on the toilets! STAY WELL AWAY! Go to the CASSIQUE hotel down the road, much better at the same price!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NirvanaPerth_WA
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Landed after midnight at Changi and hopped on the free WiFi at the airport to secure a room since the hotel reservation desk was closed. Found the Arianna, booked two nights, paid in full and headed there around 1 a.m. via airport shuttle. Upon arriving, I got the shock of my life....I wasn't allowed to check in. They stuck to their 2p.m. check in time although I clearly needed some rest and a shower. by now, it was after 2a.m. and the night manager sent me out into the night to search for a hotel with space, saying, "Those are our terms and conditions." It was dark, I was a female travelling alone, exhausted, hungry, thirsty, dirty and tired. I did not get to bed at a filthy guesthouse nearby until 3 a.m. The whole experience left me shocked and quite shaken. Although I complained to Agoda, they did not refund my money for the unused night, so I won't be using them ever again, either. My room was tiny and to add insult to injury, the hotel fails to disclose that they are doing construction on the floor where they placed me, so noise and chaos abound. Do they hate Western women at the Arianna or something? Pluses were good location near great Indian eateries and the 24/7 Mustafa shopping center.

2  Thank Phillyjanie
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having seen the size of the rooms in a number of Singapore budget hotels, I was pleasantly surprised by the room size. Not huge but big enough for a friendly couple. Not spotlessly clean but acceptable. The real plus for the hotel is the location coupled with its modest price. Yes I would (and will) return.

1  Thank fred0913
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed in this property for 2 nights while coming back from Australia. The rooms are smaller but were very clean and tidy. Aircon was working fine, they provide you coffee maker inside the room. Here is a self service concept hence do not expect them to pick your luggage fill water bottles etc. But on a positive note you will have a nice sleep. The location is great just need to cross road to enter Mustaffa center - the only 24 hr shopping mall of Singapore. Nearby many dinning options as per your taste and budget. With family or couple I believe the rooms are smaller and may not be ideal but for a single traveler this is just fine. And off course the price tag of rooms were quite attractive. The Bathroom is clean but too small no proper area for bathing hence may be bit inconvenient.

Room Tip: Negotiate with them directly instead of coming thru any online portal you would get better deals.
8  Thank deepaksaxena88
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Location is great, right opposite to Mustafa 24 hr shopping centre, and for Indians, the location is like a home away from home, with all indian eateries around.
We mainly chose this place due to its proximity to the MRT station, the shopping centre and eateries.
It is a budget hotel, but for what they provide, it is over priced. Looks like they have constructed 2 rooms in a space required for 1, we booked a double room, and after seeing the room, we thought the receptionist handed the key of a single room by mistake, but we were wrong.
We felt like we would get suffocated in that small room, with very narrow bathroom, I pity obese people who would never be able to fit in the bathroom.Towels were stained as others mentioned.
The room keeping staff, did clean the room regularly, without issues though... for a small room, the A/C was just too much, it used to get colder in no time. Room is a minus because of windowless rooms too, feels like a prison :(
BUT.....since we were out most of the time, and did not want to spend more money on the room, which we basically needed just for the overnight stay, we were ok with it.
Our basic requirement was to have a clean basic room, and that was fulfilled to a larger extent.

Divya.