Wink Capsule Hostel
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$180
$156
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Concorde Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$169
$126
$389
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$161
$134
  • Pool
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$148
$132
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$182
Naumi Hotel(Singapore)
$215
$163
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschinatown mrtdouble podkey cardtop bunkmosque streetfemale dormcommon areasdorm roompeanut butterbunk bedsfree breakfast ismixed dormother guestsa great place to stayyour luggageenjoyed my stayair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Actually, I think Wink is really convenience for people who just sleep at night. Not that expansive and squeeze as what I thought, and the staff is really kind to deal with thing about the hostel and tell visitor many useful information of Singapore.

Room Tip: Rooms not just in front of the door TOP bed is better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed twice at Wink Hostel, because we really liked it the first time we came to Singapore.
The first visit was in early July, second in late August.

Both times we arrived quite late, which wasn't a problem at all (we took the shuttle bus for 9$ from the airport, which drops you directly at the hotel of your choice - really recommend that, the second time we were the only ones in the bus, felt like a veery big taxi).
As travelling as a couple, we took a double pod, which was quite spaceous and even gives you a feeling of privacy, which is not common in dorm rooms. There were 4 bunks in the room, which are quite clean and have a nice atmosphere.
When opening the room with your access-card at night, a blue light in your pod is switched on, so you don't disturb the others and can orientate yourself easily. Each pod gets a storage box which can be opened with your access-card, where you can safely put your luggage.

Breakfast is included, you can help yourself at the kitchen with toast, butter, jam, cereals, milk, tea, coffee, etc. but have to clean up your dishes afterwards. There is also a fridge where you can store your own food.

The common bathrooms were quite clean.

There's wifi and also 2 laptops in each floor, which can be used for free as well.

Wink Hostel is centrally located in Chinatown, close to Chinatown MRT station.

Though it's not the cheapest place to stay, I really think it's good value. I'd stay again at Wink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prawnjuice
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a really good location in the heart of China Town, walking distance from Clarke Quay, my favorite spot in Singapore. The room is clean, as well as the bathroom. But almost no body at the reception desk, so it's a bit difficult to find any assistance when you need them. When I was checked in I have told the reception that I will have an early morning departure next day to catch my flight, I ensure that there will be somebody at the reception to return my cash deposit (required by them even you room is paid 100%). But what was happened on the D day, when i was checked out no body at the reception desk, i was waited for almost 30 minutes but no body shown up. I left a note for them to contact me and left my contact detail but they never contacted me until I emailed them. What backpacker quality of service!

• Stayed: June 2013
cb h, Owner at Wink Capsule Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Cening,
Very sorry for your inconvenience. No excuses - this is shocking to all here and should not have happened. Thanks for taking time out to share this important feedback!

We are undertaking an immediate investigation on the extended absence and why your message was not followed up immediately. Unfortunately, we are unable to trace you through your pen-name - please write to us at info@winkhostel.com sharing your stay date(s), which will help us pinpoint details. We will need to fully account directly to you.

Again - our apologies. I hope you will let us host you again to make amends, and check that we have rectified what you have taken the trouble to point out.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed for just one night at the Wink Hostel with another friend on our short trip to Singapore. The hostel was amazing, clean, strategically located with easy access to public transportation. The pods are comfortable, the pillows and bedsheet are clean (yeay!), good wifi connection, breakfast included. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is said that Wink Hostel is on the more expensive range for a hostel, but in my opinion it is worth it. They provide (spacious) lockers with access card system near your pods. If you forgot to bring a towel, you can ask for one for an extra charge of SGD 2.

One comment that I have is that the steps leading to the pod above is quite tricky and can be difficult to climb down (or up) from. So, ask for the bottom pod if they are available.

If you're visiting Singapore, I recommend this hostel to stay at. I definitely would stay at the hostel again.

Room Tip: Choose a bottom pod, instead of the upper one. Bring a pair of flip flops for trips to the bathroom. Choose pods that are not in the end corner of a room (better AC coverage when sleeping).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank UlfahKamaruzaman
Reviewed August 30, 2013

During my flight delay till tommorrow morning just i need place, so i came to chinatown just want to find cheap accomodation for a while and i got wink.. Overall all i give avarage coz its clean no 1 , confort but its difficult to climb till 2nd bed above and for price is expensive for backpacker hotel.. But nice and for backpacker hotel is nice

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Grace G
cb h, Owner at Wink Capsule Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Grace,
Sorry you did not find us up meeting the value you expected. We try hard to know all our guests but have not been able to identify you in our past few months' bookings (based on your name, nationality, walk-in status, 1-day stay, reference to past stay by your friend etc.). Kindly write to info@winkhostel.com so we can directly address your concerns.

We agree the upper pods may be difficult for some guests, though feedback is that the custom-designed pods and wooden ladders afford more support & stability for climbing than the traditional bunk beds with thin metal ladders. Where we know the age of of guests in advance, our policy is to always place older guests and younger children on lower pods. And yes, whilst speaking of weight can be sensitive, our staff often quietly switch heavier guests to lower pods during check-ins. I've checked with the team and also struggle to identify the heavier lady you mentioned who stayed with us not long ago.

Thanks for your feedback.