“Great hostel, even for longer stays”

Wink Capsule Hostel
Ranked #13 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I camped out here for 10 nights while I had some work to do in Singapore. It was a great value stay. The hostel is clean and well air-conditioned inside the rooms, and I really like the pod system. They're like bunk beds with walls, and I had a great unit in the corner where I could hide in every night. Each unit comes with a locker under the bottom bunk, but since I had two pieces, I just left one next to my bed, as did a lot of others in my room. Bathrooms are communal, but I never ran into any crowding problems (some showers would get clogged once in a while, though). Internet is fast. There is a communal kitchen as well with cereal, toast and fruit for breakfast. The staff is very friendly and also well-responsive to emails.
Location-wise, it's in the heart of Chinatown, so very lively place with lots of food options and a nightmarket. It's very close to one subway line and several bus stops. You can buy discount tickets to some attractions at the front desk, but you need to buy it a day in advance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed in Wink for 2 nights during my trip for watching music concert in Singapore. Since I was travelling along, I decided to stay in a hostel. Note that this is my first time stayed in a hostel, therefore I spent time to do some research of hostel in Singapore. During my previous trip to Singapore, I always stayed in hotel (see my past review) as I'm a bit private person. That is why I tried to choose hostel that offer some privacy. Finally, after read lots of review in the net, I've decided to try Wink.
On my arrival, I've found that this hostel is particularly charming. The arrangement make you feels like in a small boutique hotel. The hostel is near to the Chinatown MRT (2 mins walk) and lots of cheap but tasty eats around. It is easier to go almost everywhere from this location.
The room is neat, clean and (surprisingly) "private". The pods itself is quite spacious and (again) private. The bathroom and toilets were always clean. The breakfast is not offer much, but it is still exceed my expectation.
In the end, I would suggest to experience the Wink when you're a solo/budget traveller.

Room Tip: Bottom pods is preferable. Note that the pods is first come first serve basis, but the receptionist...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DenimSneakers
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Arrived late one evening on Singapore on our way back to Australia from 3mths in South East Asia. Everyone knows Singapore is expensive but value for money this place is hands down the best in Singapore. Better than any of the Rucksack Inns we had stayed on our way over and only marginally more expensive. Friendly staff, great amenities, fast wifi and one of the better free breakfasts around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wink is great. My first time in a hostel, so wasn't sure what to expect. But Wink is clean, well organised and generous with its service. Our flight wasn't leaving until late at night on the day we checked out, but they let us leave baggage and come back and shower before taking our flight. The rooms are shared, but the layout allows privacy. Incredibly clean, nice friendly atmosphere, and a fantastic location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well located in Chinatown and almost next to the Chinatown MRT station (NE4) this hostel has a great value. In overall the hostel is clean, modern and feels secure.

The beds are inside pods, which makes them quiter place to sleep. Guests are given keycards that can be used to open doors as well as one's personal locker. The keycard seemed to have some small hiccups couple of times but apart from that it worked well.

The common facilities were clean and in good condition. Air conditioning in dorm worked perfectly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

There's hostels, then there's hostels... If you're used to a smelly, run down, dirty, basic hostel stay, you've come to the wrong place! After checking numerous accommodation options in Singapore, I opted for Wink simply for the price. To my surprise, it surpassed my expectations. Tidy rooms, regularly cleaned bathroom with great shower, simple but adequate breakfast, good security, great wifi and comfortable pod bed. Location is smack bang in the middle of Chinatown and an easy train ride to all Singapore has to offer. One word of warning, my second night I was joined by a family with 3 kids. Not quite what you expect in a hostel, but luckily they were well behaved. All up a very enjoyable stay and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 3_Amigos_Thailand
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Well fitted out hostel with helpful staff walking distance to the business district and right in the middle of Chinatown. The staff were very helpful - one even lent me her own umbrella when I asked if the hostel had one I could borrow. Decent breakfast, good wifi (no problem skyping) and clean bathrooms.

Room Tip: I can recommend the reflexology place downstairs. One hour treatment for about 40 bucks.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo