“this hotel is so dirty and rude manager”
Review of Econ Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Econ Inn
Ranked #40 of 79 Singapore B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“this hotel is so dirty and rude manager”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I travel with my husband+1 daughter, I know the hotel price were really cheap but I don't expect the room will be so dirty, they never clean the air conditioner filter, top of the drawer is full of dust, below the bed full of trashes, if it's not because some my items falling, I will not known the room are really dirty.

Here is more room condition pictures :

My daughter has dust allergic and gotten worse, she had to go to hospital the next day because it is really dirty.

After seeing this condition, I immediately check out the same day I check in and move to Porcelain Hotel. I ask for refund because I already paid for 9 night, but the manager keep giving me other key room to check, I ask him to go see the room together with me but he refuse. I check about 4-6 rooms and all the other rooms condition are same.

The manager blame the Asiarooms and said he couldn't gave me any refund unless Asiarooms agree to it, because the price is promotion price and they usually charge more than this, I say I know it's promotional price but I don't expect I got promotional room condition. I call the Asiarooms customer service and they said the aggrement is between Econ Inn and me as client. Very worse of Econ Inn manager, beware of it!!!

After debating with the manager, he agree to refund me 7 night, eventhough I never stay single night on the hotel. He even say if your daughter has allergic don't stay at our hotel, stay at hospital, very rude!! My daughter has allergic and we stay on different hotel like this but never had any problem she has to hospitalized because the room never cleaned!

If you prioritize your health, please avoid this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rnvalen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at Econ Inn in June 2012 for a few days. It is very basic- room was small and did not have a window so was very dark. The ensuite was of a good size. Air conditioning was loud but functioned. A fridge is provided as well as a hair dryer and a complimentary bottle of water. The bed is comfortable. It is covered by a sheet and has a pillow but there is no sheet to cover with. There is a blanket but these are presumably not washed so bring your own sheet.

The room and bathroom were fairly clean. Location is excellent- approx 5 mins walk from Chinatown MRT station and 5 mins walk from lively Club Street which has many restaurants and bars. Staff were friendly.

All in all, not a bad place to stay if you do not want to stay in a dorm in a hostel but you're on a budget - Singapore is not cheap! Econ Inn is fine if you're going to be out for most of the day and just need somewhere clean, cool and private to crash at night.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank kmds0426
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Singapore hotel prices are crazy, so this place is a bit of a relief. We have stayed here in 2011 (under previous name) and again now under the new management. It's the same. The price is about right (by Singapore standards, this isn't Bangkok people!).

The standard (aka deluxe) rooms don't have windows and this is claustrophobic. This year we paid a little more for the "superior" room with a window a little bit more floor space. That's an extra $20 or so well spent.

There may be cheaper places nearby as some reviewers said, but I could not find them online. If you want to book online this place is great.

They charged me an extra $50 because I checked in at 7am after an overnight flight rather than usual 2pm check in. I arranged this in advance by email and I thought it was quite reasonable. Larger hotels often cannot accommodate this.

Really I have no complains. It ain't the Shangri La but for around S$100-120 per night, it's a good value option for this expensive city. It's safe and clean with good wifi. Can't really ask for more than that.

Oh I will observe that the shower is in the bedroom, separated by a frosted glass wall. This is fine for me and my wife, but I suppose if you are traveling with a friend it would be weird.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are worth the little extra for the window and extra space. However the price you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed in Econ inn last 19june 2012 in a deluxe room. The room and bathroom looks dirty. The wall in the bathroom and wall in the room has many black spots. The carpet not clean . No window in the room. No way to hang your clothes. You can also hear the voices outside the corridor. Its very frustating because the picture in the Agoda.com is quite nice, but its all LIE. . Its very very different. If i could only refund the payment and look for other hotel but its not refundable. I will not ever recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pls look for other hotel..there are more hotels nearby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron B

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

walking distance from mrt station. nearby food court, restaurant, shopping.
my holiday of 4 person include my sis and parent. 3days 2 night.
the room of 4 was a bit small with onli 1 aircon. still ok for the price.
bad thing is, no place to hang my cloths, no slipper provided, no bath mat, bath tower, no window!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 2, 2012

while i calling to check booking whether can upgrade my room, the receptionist was cut down my line and when i call second time, she was hand up and without anwering my phone!
this was the service that you give to customer? Feel dissapointed for it !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tang123456
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Econ Inn is situated in Chinatowm, can easily be reched by mrt station chinatown, only 2 minutes walk. The hotel is basic, i had a standard room without windows. No servive, no bar or restaurant. The price i paid was high, next door are many cheaper hotels. Best was the situation and that is was a safe place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo