“excellent place for family”

Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #20 of 225 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“excellent place for family”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the apartment during and after the hospitalisation of my daughter at GlenE. She has been hospitalised for almost a month and a 10 days stay at the apartment afterward really gave her a different surroundings and for us her family really happy to see her enjoy the stay before go back to Jakarta.
Thanks for all staff including the far east plaza staff that really understand our needs and have try their best to fulfilled what we needed during those days of trials.

Room Tip: If frequent taxy service will be needed during your stay find a room that is close by to elevator t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Irwan H

On behalf of the staff of Far East Plaza and Orchard Scotts Residences, we appreciate and would like to thank you for the review. We are glad that your daughter has recovered and enjoyed our services and facilities during her recovery. Wishing you and your family the best of health and a pleasant journey home.

Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently finished a 18-month long oversees assignment stationed in Singapore and had the good fortune of staying at Orchard Scotts. The apartments are good sized (similar to US), facilities are top-notch and the people (both management & care-takers) are exceptional. I typically do not write online reviews, but I am making an exception in this case because I feel that this facility, especially the people, needs to be recognized and the kudos documented. There are too many good things about this place, so I will limit to just the highlight ...

Location ... Heart of town, but tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood. 3-4 mins walk from Newton MRT (the main N-S subway) and also from the Newton Hawker center (for those who don't know ... Hawker center is a like food mall full of street food vendors, dispersed all through SG, with about 80 stalls in this one). For most nights, this is where I had dinner (though the apartments do come stocked with very good quality cookware, if I did choose to cook). It is about 15 min walk to Orchard road (or 1 subway stop), the main glitz and shopping area of SG. This is also the only MRT station with no malls attached to it, so you don't have to fight crowds to get on the subway.

Facilities ... are world class. There is hot tub, sauna and steam room (which I used often). The pools are great and the management hold numerous events year round especially for young children. I loved the BBQ cabanas by the pools (helped me make bunch of local friends who always wanted to have a BBQ at my place). Order food online, get it delivered to the concierge in the building, who would move the food to your cabana. You cook, eat, dip in the pool, enjoy. The best part ... you don't have to worry about cleaning .... they have staff for that.

People ... management, staff, care-takers .... all exceptional. they all go over and beyond to make you feel special. Ding cleaned my apartment most days. She must have made a note of my preferences when she came in every morning, as she would do things accordingly (like the order in which I put towels on the hanger). When she found out that I threw my back out bending over to open the bath mat, she always left the mat opened. I will miss her. I needed my visa picked up from the Japanese Embassy. Becs (management office) volunteered to pick it up for me (and she did it on her off-time). She along with everybody else in the management office is just beyond exceptional and I shall miss them very much. I would also recommend to everyone reading this to talk to the people in the management office, if you are looking for suggestions for food, places to go etc. within SG or neighboring countries.

Overall, this is a great place to be. Coming home here after a long streesful did make the sting of being away from home more bearable.

The only con about the location is that there no decent pubs in the neighborhood, so if you are single and want to end your day with a cocktail, you are 1-stop away from the heart of it all.

Room Tip: I asked for a room facing the pool and higher floor. I was told by a colleague staying on the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigswami
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bigswami

We are glad that you enjoyed the Orchard Scotts Experience.

The team, especially Dinghuan and Becs, appreciate the special mention and are delighted to have been of service to you during your stay.

Your presence is truly missed by one and all, as we enjoyed your visits to our events and the Management Office and making it more fun and lively.

Wish you all the best and we look forward to seeing you back at OSR soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great and Nice Place for all the time to visit and stay and I have been known this Apartment for 4 years over and I was connected and stay with this Orchard Scott apartment for 3 years over for most of the every months. Great, Clean and Nice place and convenient to go for shopping too.. Even though I selected on Jan 2013 when I travel as below, I was ever use their service since 2010 March.

Room Tip: Normally We used to get on Penthouse.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear YinThu

Thank you for making Orchard Scotts Residences your choice apartment during your visits to Singapore.

We always look forward to your visits and welcoming your guests as well. Looking forward to you next visit soon, for another Orchard Scotts Experience.

billingham cleveland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently returned from 18 month contract in Singapore where we lived at Orchard Scott's Residences. We would not hesitate to recommend these apartments. They are of the highest quality. The staff are courteous , friendly and nothing is too much bother for them. The whole complex cleanliness is of the very highest standard,including the pool areas.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kenmillone

It was our pleasure to extend the Orchard Scotts Hospitality during your recent stay in Singapore. Thank you for the Superb review and appreciation for our services.

HK
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a stay for a week in a 2 bedrooms unit with my family in Feb 2013 during the Chinese New Year holidays. I booked the unit with Agoda after I failed to receive any response from the apartment to my enquries through the official website of Far East (the operator of Orchard Scott) for twice in Dec 2012. On the day I checked in the apartment, what shocked me was that I was arranged with an apartment, though on a high floor, with no view to the outside. All the window glasses (in the living room and the 2 bedrooms) were blocked with dense white spots so that you would be unable to look outside. This was due to security reason imposed by the Government (as our room faced the government house, Istana) as explained by the staff. I immediately asked for a change of room but not successful. This is so unacceptable if you are going to stay for 1 week in the same unit. I had for several times need to walk out my room to check the weather outside in the corridor. We were feeling as if staying in a basement unit (or “prison”). No one would expect to check in an apartment ( especially for a “high rated” and expensive one like OS) with no windows. If it is due to certain government requests, the management should state in the website but not until a guest lodge a complaint and the management just put the blame on the government. To be fair, room rates of such should be discounted.

Besides, at night time if you want to go to bathroom, you would definitely wake up everyone in sleep as you need to open and close the washroom door with force (the handle of the door lock was too tight), not to mention the exceptionally huge flushing noise.

This is not a budget hotel. Guests should not be treated like my family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank J C
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear J C

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Had we received you request, we would have informed you prior to you arrival of the apartments available at OSR during your stay period.

We do apologise for not being able to relocate you immediately to an apartment of your choice during your one week stay at Orchard Scotts Residences. However, when one was available, 3 days into your stay, you had declined the offer as it was close to your departure. This was completely understandable.

We do have a small number of apartments that face Istana with pixel windows, as a requirement by the Governing Body. These windows do open to a maximum of 30 degrees, with a view away from the Istana.

With regards to the Bathroom, we have made the necessary rectification and would like to thank you letting us know.

We would like to invite you back and allow us to give you the Orchard Scotts Experience. Do contact us directly for your next booking at orchardscotts@fareast.com.sg or contact me directly at kaur@fareast.com.sg +65 64960688 and we assure you that your needs will be met without demand.

Once again, our sincere apology and look forward to be of service to you and your family soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent & friendly service with amazing facilities! They made Chinese New Year/Valentines Day an extra wonderful experience inclusive of Lion Dances, tossing of the prosperity salad, take away roses for all and an incredible buffet for all to enjoy at no cost. You can take classes for free like pilates, yoga, zumba, tennis clinic etc. You can reserve a tennis court (soft or hard) at no cost as well. They are never short on availability of bbq areas for you to reserve and use. You want for nothing at Orchard Scotts Residences. I would not want to say anywhere else. It only takes you a couple of minutes to walk to the MRT or Bus. You also just have to cross the street to eat all sorts of ready made food at Newton Circus. Orchard Scotts is on the MRT redline which is only one stop to Orchard MRT (2min) or a short walk for you residences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane B

It was just as fun preparing the event for all our wonderful Residents. Glad you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed putting it all together. We look forward to seeing you soon at Orchard Scotts!

Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't even know if words can express how wonderful Orchard Scotts is, but I will try. Lets start with the most beautiful and spacious apartment I have ever stayed in anywhere around the world. The location is great and central to every thing. I never found anywhere farther than 20 minutes at the most away from the apartment. very close to the MRT and to the hawker center. Next door to the community center. Everyone from security, house keeping, the front desk jasmine, Paul, Daniel, Robin and Myles and the management office Karamjit, Becs, Nancy and Lisa were always so helpful and always went out of their way to see that we felt like we were at home. I always felt like I was at home and not away on an overseas assignment for a year and a half. They were all very personalble to me and 40 other co-workers that lived there as well. Everytime they saw me they always stopped and had time to talk to me. They became very close and near and dear to me over the course of my stay. Anything I needed I got with no questions asked. I was even told that they wanted our families to see what good care they were doing to take care of us for them while we were staying with there so they would not worry about us being taken care of. Orchard Scotts should do a Orchard Scotts calendar using the ladies of Orchard scotts women because they are hot looking and very sweet. Thats right I said it calendar girl quality. I had problems shipping my goods back home and Becs and Lisa jumped in action and took on the extra duties to protect and care for my belongings after I left the country and continued on chasing it for me for over a month. What dedication and good friends! I felt like I was living in paradise for a year and a half and had a hard time leaving because they made me feel like family and friend. I highly recommend Orchard Scotts Residence as the only Service apartment in All of Sinapore and I will stay there again the next time I'm in or living back in Singapore. I love you all at Orchard Scotts Residence and please keep up the exceptional work and servive.

Mike

Room Tip: I loved the one bedroom loft apartment very spacious
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dearest Mike

Thank you so very much for the kind words towards our colleagues at Orchard Scotts Residences. This will encourage them to excel in their area of work more so than ever.
Calendar girls? Not so sure about that though. We had a wonderful time chatting about anything and everything with you, especially your travel stories. We so look forward to seeing you soon and maybe this time round, we get the oportunity to taste your cooking, Chef!!