Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$213
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
  • Pool
All reviewsnewton mrttennis courtsmanagement officenewton food centreapartment was spaciousbreakfast loungelong term stayservice apartmentsbreakfast ladiespools are greatswimming pools areoutdoor facilitiespermanent homethree bedroomcleaning ladydaily cleaningmaster bedroom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently returned from 18 month contract in Singapore where we lived at Orchard Scott's Residences. We would not hesitate to recommend these apartments. They are of the highest quality. The staff are courteous , friendly and nothing is too much bother for them. The whole complex cleanliness is of the very highest standard,including the pool areas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Kenmillone

It was our pleasure to extend the Orchard Scotts Hospitality during your recent stay in Singapore. Thank you for the Superb review and appreciation for our services.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a stay for a week in a 2 bedrooms unit with my family in Feb 2013 during the Chinese New Year holidays. I booked the unit with Agoda after I failed to receive any response from the apartment to my enquries through the official website of Far East (the operator of Orchard Scott) for twice in Dec 2012. On the day I checked in the apartment, what shocked me was that I was arranged with an apartment, though on a high floor, with no view to the outside. All the window glasses (in the living room and the 2 bedrooms) were blocked with dense white spots so that you would be unable to look outside. This was due to security reason imposed by the Government (as our room faced the government house, Istana) as explained by the staff. I immediately asked for a change of room but not successful. This is so unacceptable if you are going to stay for 1 week in the same unit. I had for several times need to walk out my room to check the weather outside in the corridor. We were feeling as if staying in a basement unit (or “prison”). No one would expect to check in an apartment ( especially for a “high rated” and expensive one like OS) with no windows. If it is due to certain government requests, the management should state in the website but not until a guest lodge a complaint and the management just put the blame on the government. To be fair, room rates of such should be discounted.

Besides, at night time if you want to go to bathroom, you would definitely wake up everyone in sleep as you need to open and close the washroom door with force (the handle of the door lock was too tight), not to mention the exceptionally huge flushing noise.

This is not a budget hotel. Guests should not be treated like my family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank J C
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear J C

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Had we received you request, we would have informed you prior to you arrival of the apartments available at OSR during your stay period.

We do apologise for not being able to relocate you immediately to an apartment of your choice during your one week stay at Orchard Scotts Residences. However, when one was available, 3 days into your stay, you had declined the offer as it was close to your departure. This was completely understandable.

We do have a small number of apartments that face Istana with pixel windows, as a requirement by the Governing Body. These windows do open to a maximum of 30 degrees, with a view away from the Istana.

With regards to the Bathroom, we have made the necessary rectification and would like to thank you letting us know.

We would like to invite you back and allow us to give you the Orchard Scotts Experience. Do contact us directly for your next booking at orchardscotts@fareast.com.sg or contact me directly at kaur@fareast.com.sg +65 64960688 and we assure you that your needs will be met without demand.

Once again, our sincere apology and look forward to be of service to you and your family soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent & friendly service with amazing facilities! They made Chinese New Year/Valentines Day an extra wonderful experience inclusive of Lion Dances, tossing of the prosperity salad, take away roses for all and an incredible buffet for all to enjoy at no cost. You can take classes for free like pilates, yoga, zumba, tennis clinic etc. You can reserve a tennis court (soft or hard) at no cost as well. They are never short on availability of bbq areas for you to reserve and use. You want for nothing at Orchard Scotts Residences. I would not want to say anywhere else. It only takes you a couple of minutes to walk to the MRT or Bus. You also just have to cross the street to eat all sorts of ready made food at Newton Circus. Orchard Scotts is on the MRT redline which is only one stop to Orchard MRT (2min) or a short walk for you residences.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jane B

It was just as fun preparing the event for all our wonderful Residents. Glad you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed putting it all together. We look forward to seeing you soon at Orchard Scotts!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't even know if words can express how wonderful Orchard Scotts is, but I will try. Lets start with the most beautiful and spacious apartment I have ever stayed in anywhere around the world. The location is great and central to every thing. I never found anywhere farther than 20 minutes at the most away from the apartment. very close to the MRT and to the hawker center. Next door to the community center. Everyone from security, house keeping, the front desk jasmine, Paul, Daniel, Robin and Myles and the management office Karamjit, Becs, Nancy and Lisa were always so helpful and always went out of their way to see that we felt like we were at home. I always felt like I was at home and not away on an overseas assignment for a year and a half. They were all very personalble to me and 40 other co-workers that lived there as well. Everytime they saw me they always stopped and had time to talk to me. They became very close and near and dear to me over the course of my stay. Anything I needed I got with no questions asked. I was even told that they wanted our families to see what good care they were doing to take care of us for them while we were staying with there so they would not worry about us being taken care of. Orchard Scotts should do a Orchard Scotts calendar using the ladies of Orchard scotts women because they are hot looking and very sweet. Thats right I said it calendar girl quality. I had problems shipping my goods back home and Becs and Lisa jumped in action and took on the extra duties to protect and care for my belongings after I left the country and continued on chasing it for me for over a month. What dedication and good friends! I felt like I was living in paradise for a year and a half and had a hard time leaving because they made me feel like family and friend. I highly recommend Orchard Scotts Residence as the only Service apartment in All of Sinapore and I will stay there again the next time I'm in or living back in Singapore. I love you all at Orchard Scotts Residence and please keep up the exceptional work and servive.

Mike

Room Tip: I loved the one bedroom loft apartment very spacious
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dearest Mike

Thank you so very much for the kind words towards our colleagues at Orchard Scotts Residences. This will encourage them to excel in their area of work more so than ever.
Calendar girls? Not so sure about that though. We had a wonderful time chatting about anything and everything with you, especially your travel stories. We so look forward to seeing you soon and maybe this time round, we get the oportunity to taste your cooking, Chef!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Orchard Scotts for around 5 weeks while I started work and my husband and son settled into Singapore. It was a great choice as the staff were fantastic, always greeting us when we walked throughout the property and very helpful if we needed something. The location is excellent - close to Newton MRT station which is one stop from Orchard Rd, or less than 10 minute walk to Orchard Rd. The Newton food centre is also across the road so an easy option for eating. The rooms are modern, have everything you need and serviced 6 days per week. The pool, gym and other facilities are very good and well maintained. A thoroughly enjoyable stay, thanks to the staff for making us feel welcome.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karyn K

Dear Karyn K

It was a pleassure hosting you and you family at Orchard Scotts Residences. We wish you a pleasant stay in your new home in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.