“The Best and only service apartments in Singapore”

Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #30 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't even know if words can express how wonderful Orchard Scotts is, but I will try. Lets start with the most beautiful and spacious apartment I have ever stayed in anywhere around the world. The location is great and central to every thing. I never found anywhere farther than 20 minutes at the most away from the apartment. very close to the MRT and to the hawker center. Next door to the community center. Everyone from security, house keeping, the front desk jasmine, Paul, Daniel, Robin and Myles and the management office Karamjit, Becs, Nancy and Lisa were always so helpful and always went out of their way to see that we felt like we were at home. I always felt like I was at home and not away on an overseas assignment for a year and a half. They were all very personalble to me and 40 other co-workers that lived there as well. Everytime they saw me they always stopped and had time to talk to me. They became very close and near and dear to me over the course of my stay. Anything I needed I got with no questions asked. I was even told that they wanted our families to see what good care they were doing to take care of us for them while we were staying with there so they would not worry about us being taken care of. Orchard Scotts should do a Orchard Scotts calendar using the ladies of Orchard scotts women because they are hot looking and very sweet. Thats right I said it calendar girl quality. I had problems shipping my goods back home and Becs and Lisa jumped in action and took on the extra duties to protect and care for my belongings after I left the country and continued on chasing it for me for over a month. What dedication and good friends! I felt like I was living in paradise for a year and a half and had a hard time leaving because they made me feel like family and friend. I highly recommend Orchard Scotts Residence as the only Service apartment in All of Sinapore and I will stay there again the next time I'm in or living back in Singapore. I love you all at Orchard Scotts Residence and please keep up the exceptional work and servive.

Mike

Room Tip: I loved the one bedroom loft apartment very spacious
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dearest Mike

Thank you so very much for the kind words towards our colleagues at Orchard Scotts Residences. This will encourage them to excel in their area of work more so than ever.
Calendar girls? Not so sure about that though. We had a wonderful time chatting about anything and everything with you, especially your travel stories. We so look forward to seeing you soon and maybe this time round, we get the oportunity to taste your cooking, Chef!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Orchard Scotts for around 5 weeks while I started work and my husband and son settled into Singapore. It was a great choice as the staff were fantastic, always greeting us when we walked throughout the property and very helpful if we needed something. The location is excellent - close to Newton MRT station which is one stop from Orchard Rd, or less than 10 minute walk to Orchard Rd. The Newton food centre is also across the road so an easy option for eating. The rooms are modern, have everything you need and serviced 6 days per week. The pool, gym and other facilities are very good and well maintained. A thoroughly enjoyable stay, thanks to the staff for making us feel welcome.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karyn K

Dear Karyn K

It was a pleassure hosting you and you family at Orchard Scotts Residences. We wish you a pleasant stay in your new home in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

positives:
-- location is a few minutes walk to Newton MRT and the hawker market
-- facilities are good with pool, gym, playground and BBQ facilities
-- staff are friendly and generally helpful
-- good size apartment and rooms (we had 3bdrm)

downside:
-- internet connection is slow/unreliable
-- towels provided are very pool quality
-- aircon in the bedrooms are a bit noisy

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ben K

Thank you for choosing Orchard Scotts Residences as your choice of Residence during your recent stay with us.

We do apologise for the issues you faced. Had it been brought up to us, we would have been able to rectify your concerns immediately. We do look forward to another oportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at kaur@fareast.com.sg, should I be of further assistance.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were doubting about Orchard Scotts when choosing hotel in Singapore. But I could defenetly recommend this hotel who needs an apartment type residence. Its really great location, indoor and outdoor facility. The staff as it was already written very helpfull, beyond of their rules of cancelation booking policy they have cancelled one night when we have changed our plans. We would defenetly stay in this Residence again when back to Singapore...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Natalia701

We are happy to be of service to you during your recent stay at Orchard Scotts Residences. Do contact us directly for bookings at orchardscotts@fareast.com.sg should your next travel plans include Singapore. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Orchard Scotts Residences and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I and my colluages has been staying here for eight months now and I have to say this is a great place to stay for short or long term. The out door facilities is among the best in Singapore with several swimming pools, sport courts and a number of barbeque huts for your own use. It's located just about three minutes walk from Newton MRT (subway) and Newton Food Court and it only takes about ten minutes to walk to the famous shopping in Orchard Road, On top of that I have to say the staff here is very friendly and service minded, special thanks to Sara and Salina who are attending my appartement six days a week, just great service. Really recomended place!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Arhelol

Thank you for the review. Sara and Salima are thankful for the recognition and were happy to be of service to you. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Orchard Scotts Residences and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed with family for 1 week. 2 adults and 3 young kids in a 3 bdrm apartment. The rooms are modern and have all nice amenities, upon checking in, a kind lady explained to us all services and amenities in the apartment. Cleaning was carried out daily.
Regarding the property, there is a very big swining pool and kids enjoyed it a lot. There is a gym overlooking at the pool and a big open playarea for young kids.
Location is very central, 2 mins walk to Newton MRT and 10 mins walking to Paragon and ION malls.
Hotel offers free breakfast for all guests, a nice selection and variety. The only minus of the breakfast and hotel is the size of the breakfast area that is too small for the size of the hotel. There were plenty of people that were waiting for a table and the whole room was crowded. For such a size of hotel even double that breakfast room size would be inadequate. The staff however had been extremely helpful to accomodate people in the limited space they have.

We would definitely go back to that place for short or even longer stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JerDok
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Scotts Residences by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear JerDok

Your review is very much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities and services that are available at Orchard Scotts Residences.

We do apologise for the busy breakfast period during the yearend holiday season and am glad that my colleagues were helpful in accommodating our Residents and yourself.

We look forward to your next visit.

kaur@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay in a well appointed suite at Orchard Scotts. The swimming pools and grounds are lovely and the location is very convenient for MRT (Newton) and Newton Food Court. If shopping is your thing Orchard Road is very nearby too. The staff were very helpful and the room service etc.. excellent. One particularly nice tounch was being able to make use of the spacious outdoor barbacues and the Board Room dining facilities at no extra cost. I would definitely return if going back to Singapore for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If you like being outdoors ask for a ground floor or lower floor room/suite/apartment otherwise you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Cecilia F

Thank you for the review and appreciation towards our facilities at Orchard Scotts Residences.
We look forward to your next visit.

kaur@fareast.com.sg