“Everything a backpacker could ask for!”
Review of Five Stones Hostel

Five Stones Hostel
Ranked #27 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had one bad hostel experience in Singapore, so I was very pleased to find this jewel. Really friendly staff, very clean rooms and common area, excellent breakfast til late, free laundry, good Internet. I loved it! The area might not be as exciting as little India or Chinatown, but the MRT is round the corner so you get there in no time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hopefully you are safely back in Germany following your travels. Five Stones Hostel a Jewel! Wow, thanks. We are really glad that our staff and our hostel made your visit so enjoyable. Danke!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here for 2 days. I booked the 6 beds for type room. The room was nice, ideal location and spacious. The staffs were friendly, beautiful and very helpful. Nice breakfast. This my first time try the hostel and i like it. The everything is good.. and this hostel so recommended.. Love it..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vinaphinoel

Hi, hope u had a safe return to Jakarta. Thank you for your kind review, we agree, our staff are fantastic. They and our great location make five stones hostel a perfect base to explore our little red dot.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well hostel is ok. I didn't tried breakfast but for what I saw they offer it's Singapore standard (jam, toasts, flakes etc). If you are tall (over 190cm) you can have problem to be to big for beds - they are only abt 190cm and a little squeaky. There must be some disco nearby because during night you can feel bass, for good you can put free earplugs to stop this noise if You have light sleep. Last think worth to notice are showers, because hostel has 2 floors and you're unlucky you'll have to change floor to take shower. Overall it's good place you can stay for days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, we don't get many from Poland!! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed Singapore. Please stay with us again should you return to the warm tropics.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to Singapore with my 2 friends. This guesthouse gave me a warm welcome. I booked the 12 beds dorm type room, which wasn't bad as i firstly imagine (in term of staying with a lot of strangers). It also gave me a clean and warm sheet & blanket, a good wifi, a nice basic breakfast. In a living room, you'll find a Wii which you can share this enjoyable with your roommate. In addition, there are "Friends" series for you too.

This place locates on the second and third floor of the building (men only on the lower floor). In front of the building, you will find the bus station right there!! It's not too far from the subway station and places equally far from two stations, which takes you around 8 minutes by walk.

This place's quit popular which made it's crowded, hardly to find an available seat to sit and have a coffee in the morning (someone had it in the room). Due to less shower rooms (only 3 shower tube and 2 toilets in the second floor and shared it sometimes with those from the third floor), you might have to take more than 30 mins to wait for showering in the morning.

It was okay anyway and should be one of the top choices for you to spend the nights in Singapore.

They provide us a free ear plugs at the reservation desk as well!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for you kind review of Five Stones Hostel. We are very glad that our friendly staff made your stay enjoyable. Please comeback next time you visit Singapore.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

first came to hotel, I was greeted with friendly staff. she is a very nice girl. its a new experience for me because the first time i try to stay in the hostel with many bunk in a room. I was a little worried about the comfort, because I have never stayed with a lot of strangers in a room. First of all I by the number of 12 people, then I asked to move to a smaller room with 5 guy in 8 dorm in a room.the room and bathroom was clean, and the breakfast is good. the location so close with Clark quay MRT just 5 minutes walk away .Overall they all look good...i'm satisfied with this budget hotel in singapore..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Its great that you enjoyed your time at Five Stones Hostel. Sharing a room in a hostel can be a little bit concerning to some people but it looks like you are now a seasoned hostel traveler. Come back again soon ok!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights, and were stoked with the service we received. The staff were so friendly and extremely accommodating, the rooms were funky, clean and comfortable. There are secure lockers in each room, so you can lock your valuables away and each room had airconditioning and a personal bedlight. We were in a 6 bed female dorm). The common area was small, but great. I met a lot of people here, and the lounge area was a great place to chill, watch movies and chat to other travellers. Breakfast was simple, but more than sufficient (and free!), and I enever struggled to find a seat to enjoy it. The bathrooms were cleaned regularly, and hot water was continuous!
We were taking a red-eye flight at 2am, so the staff arranged for a shuttle bus to pick us up around 11pm and take us to the airport, as well as let us leave our big suitcases and larger carry-on baggage at the hostel whilst we explored Singapore after checking out.
I would recommend Five Stones to anyone travelling to Singapore (especially if you're doing a 2-3 day stopover), and are looking for an inexpensive, comfortable option in a really convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steph H
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Steph, thanks for taking the time to review our hostel after your stay. I really like your point that it is "a great place to chill". Really captures what we are trying to do, give our guests a friendly place to relax after a busy day exploring Singapore. Thanks

Reviewed March 10, 2013

For first time traveling to Singapore, having a nice stay @ Five Stones was a great experience. A kind smiley and helpful staf will be a good starting before round the simple but nice city Singapore. Located in a strategic Clarke and near to MRT would be an additional point to recommend this hostel. I would like to stay at here once I get my annual leave again.
Nice Hostel :o)

Room Tip: all was nice room to stay