This was my first solo backpacking. I wanted it to be just fine. I don't expect exceptional things since it is a hostel, nothing extravagant I know that.
First, they threw the plastic bag where I put my dirty clothes. They thought it was thrash since there were also torn gift wrappers inside. They found it in the thrash bin. The clothes are still inside the plastic. They washed it for me. They were very apologetic.
Second, I woke up at 1 in the morning because of bedbugs. I killed 4. I slept on the living room. There was a contact number to dial in case of emergency but what the heck. They changed the sheet and pillow case. They visited me in the morning with a first aid kit in case I need one. Again, they were apologetic.
Would I come back to this hostel? Of course not! Would I recommend it? Check other reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Singapore's best and friendliest hostel! With each of our rooms featuring interesting designs, Five Stones Hostel gives Singapore cultural elements a refreshing new lease of life. Quirky designs and decor characterize our spanking new boutique hostel. Boasting one of the best beds among Singapore hostels (8 inch orthopaedic spring mattresses, no less) and conveniently located within 10mins walking distance to the majority of Singapore's key tourist attractions, it's the latest addition to the plethora of high quality budget accommodation in Singapore which blurs the line between hostel and hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Five Stones Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Stones Hotel Singapore
- 5 Stones Hostel
- Five Stones Hostel Singapore