“One of the best hangout places is here!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nabins - MOVED

Nabins
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Singapore
“One of the best hangout places is here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My girlfriends and I would choose this place to hangout. Love the ambience, the food are marvellous! Services are excellent too!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Most horrifying experience of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Tonight a ny colleagues and i visited Nabins for a colleague's farewell dinner. What was supposed to be a memorable night turned out disastrous.

I was stuck in a toilet cubicle with no proper ventilation as it did not have windows which had a faulty lock. Unlucky me happened to not have my headphone with me.

Claustrophobic me banged the door and screamed for 15 mins before I was finally I was stuck in a toilet cubicle with no proper ventilation as it did not have windows which had a faulty lock.

Claustrophobic me banged the door and screamed for 15 mins before I was discovered by a staff.

When I came out the staff were fighting internally about who forgot to put the "out of order" sign on the cubicle before apologizing to me. I had to demand for an apology. Meaning they were also aware the toilet door 'as faulty but negligently forgot to put up the sign.

They didn't even serve me water when I was flushing red.

Then they insulted me by serving me ice cream in the middle of dinner as "compensation". What a joke.

No way they are expecting need to be a recurring customer ever.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shcy85
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good food, nice atmosphere, great place to simply hang out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

we were shown upstairs when we informed we are not going to smoke shisha. they have done well on the arabic themed decor. apart from the music being extremely loud ( we were sitting very close to the speaker), everything else was pleasant. food comes in huge portions and was priced well. the milk shake with honey was extremely tasty..yumm.. had 2 of it.

Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Bad service, bland greasy moussaka”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Showed up late on a Saturday night with hungry boyfriend in tow. We were seated, and eventually a waiter appeared. We ordered, and were rudely informed that no tap water was offered, despite the fact that each of us had ordered drinks separately (probably in an attempt to sell overpriced bottled water). The hummus and baba ganoush were good and flavourful, although $4.50 for an accompanying basket of pita bread seems quite steep. The moussaka was greasy, bland and thoroughly unfulfilling. The karkadeh and honeydew yoghurt drinks were good, if expensive. The Arabic coffee I ordered never arrived, although it certainly appeared on my bill (they begrudgingly took it off). All in all, I strongly recommend you eat at one of the many other fine restaurants in the area.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“The worst dining experience I've ever had.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I don't usually leave restaurant reviews good or bad but this restaurant is so unbelievably bad I feel I have to warn others.

There's so many things wrong with place that I don't know where to start so let me take them chronologically... you will not believe how bad things get by the end of this review.

My Wife, daughter, parents and I stumbled on this place by chance (as the fabulous mexican we had wanted to eat at on Haji lane was unfortunately closed).

Shortly after taking a seat outside and ordering some drinks, the music turned into unbearably loud euro trance ( I love electronic music by the way but this was just offensive bleeps and noise). This was so loud that we had to shout our order at the waiter and could not hear ourselves talk, we repeatedly had to ask for it to be turned down.

Next our starters of a sharing platter arrived, we were expecting some fresh mezze but instead were faced with some deep fried (obviously mass produced and frozen) chicken drumsticks and breadcrumbed fish served with deep fried mushrooms a bowl of tomato ketchup and a turgid looking falafel served with what appeared to be yellow rice mixed with tomato ketchup.

This was left on the table with no plates or cutlery and we had to call the incompetent waiter back before we were provided with some eating utensils.

Immediately after this the 4 main courses we ordered were brought out? We had yet to take a mouthful of the starters and due to the large serving platter the starters were served on there was simply no room on the table. We had to send the mains back while we had the unpleasant task of eating the deep fried rubbish ( a KFC would have been much nicer)

Had we not been so hungry from walking around singapore to show our parents the sites all day we would have turned this food away but we persisted thinking things can only get better.... little did we know.

Our now cold mains were brought out:-

1 chicken sheesh kebab (cold, hard and pitiful)
1 lamb shank (cold, hard, obviously cooked days ago and reheated then left to go cold while we ate starters)
2 * rack of lamb (this was definitely not a rack of lamb as described on the menu but a couple of gristly, fatty, old lamb chops hidden beneath a foul tasteless sauce)

The food was inedible and we immediately called the waiter over to tell him so... now here's were things took a very nasty turn and is the main reason why i write this review to warn others about staying away from this hell hole....

The waiter was clearly out of his depth and had no idea how to handle a simple complaint about food (hard to understand as I'm fairly sure this place must get many complaints).... so he called another waiter over, we explained again that the main course we inedible and we wanted it taking away (the full plates of food were then taken away). We suggested that we would be happy to pay for the drinks and starters but were not happy to pay for the mains.... the clueless waiter told us to wait while he spent 10 mins talking to the manager on his phone. After this he came back and offered to reheat the food that had been taken away.... as you can probably image we declined and asked for the bill minus the price of the mains..... Next 3 waiters came to our table in a pathetic attempt to intimidate us into paying... again we said were happy to pay for the food and drinks we had already eaten but would not be paying for inedible food that we had returned......

Their response was to call the manager again and hand the phone over to my wife who then proceeded to spend 10 mins explaining the whole thing again.... by now my 4 year old daughter was getting very tired and it was becoming clear that both the rude manager and staff were insisting that we pay for food we had not eaten.

I repeatedly asked for the bill with the idea of leaving cash on the table for what we had eaten and getting out of there as by now my daughter was crying and I was starting to get annoyed with this farce.. The staff refused to provide the bill and insisted that we wait for the manager who they said was driving over... By now I was starting to see red and made an ultimatum that they give us the bill or we would leave without paying anything.... unbelievably they refused to provide a bill so we started to walk away..

We now had 3 waiters trying to block our way in a threatening manners so that we couldn't walk away, my daughter became scared and I insisted they move and let us pass, now they followed us down the street while we attempted to call a taxi. This situation went on for 10 mins as we struggled to hail a cab, my wife had calculated that we owed approx $100 dollars for the food and drink and repeatedly offered to pay if they would leave us alone but they kept trying to block our progress and intimidate us causing my 60yr old mother to lose her footing and fall into a drain injuring her ankle..... this is simply despicable behaviour and I hope this thug of a waiter is ashamed of himself..... clearly not as no apology was offered and when we finally hailed a taxi the guy was trying to open the door and stood in front of the taxi so it couldn't move... eventually we escaped from this lunatic.

Never in all my years have I witnessed anything like this, I rarely complain about food (it's got to be pretty disgusting before I will) but any previous complaint has been dealt with politely and food has been knocked of the bill. Having 3 guys chase a respectable family including pensioners and a 4yr old girl down the road is not the kind of customer service I look for in a restaurant.

I hope this clearly struggling excuse for a restaurant goes out of business quickly, also worth mentioning that the toilets are a disgusting environmental health hazard.

Be warned and stay away.

• Visited December 2011