“delicious comfort food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to Grandma's twice during our stay as the wonton soup and more traditional fish head curry ( if you have the stomach for it ) were great value for money and delicious. Service was very quick and they serve reasonably cheap beer, what more could you want !!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I absolutely love Asian food but really didn't enjoy the food in this restaurant. Don't ask me why but I just didn't get it

1  Thank Tony R
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I and my pal ordered:
1. belachan kangkong (S$8.90)
2. mini Ngoh Hiang (10 one-inch pieces for S$6.90)
3. Nasi Bukhari (fragrant rice with fried chicken drumstick, sauteed prawns, and beef rendang for S$14.90)
4. teh tarik ("pulled" tea for S$1.80)

The tidbits or crackers were yummy too (charged at S$1.60). The service was prompt: I asked for a knife and the waitress presented me with one within a minute.

This is my second visit here but my friend's visit. She was pleasantly surprised by such delicious food being served here at the basement of Raffles City. I was pleased with my recommendation! Overall, the meal was sumptuous, served in good portions, and economical. I would highly recommend GR amongst other restaurants here at this mall.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Grandma's at the Raffles City shopping centre is firmly in the class of good, honest but not amazing Baba Nonya food. This is not surprising, as it's in a food court, but if you're just in the market for a feed and not looking for the most amazing culinary experience inSingapore, then it's perfectly fine.
Try the Ngoh Hiang- chicken in fried bean curd wrappers; quite a tasty appetizer or side.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Grandma's restaurant was one of the worst restaurants i all of Singapore. First off, the chicken curry did not have the authentic coconut milk 'smell' to it like those at the Hawker centers, and the prices are cut throat. the rice was bland and the portions small. The people who write good reviews about these kinds of restaurants are most likely paid to write them, or terrible at differentiation between good food and bad food. One word of friendly advice, do not believe all of those articles about food or the food recommendations on TV, most are sponsored and the food that you eat there is usually a far cry from what they claim it to be.

3  Thank Selpydawn