“Indian Fusion”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
“Indian Fusion”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We went for a lunch and enjoyed the set lunch. Not a bad choice, good range of dishes, great dal, right size of portions. Overall good. They did throw in some curve balls like the liquid betal nut refresher and sorbet. But I liked the place and reasonable value for money.

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Real north indian food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a punjabi (north indian) myself, i can vouch for the authenticity of their north indian food.
It is an expensive restaurant. But, with this quality of food and service i don't mind spending.
Me and my husband went for their set lunch non-veg menu. So, we got to taste so many different things. Like, amritsari machi, murgh tikka, patiyala shahi machi, dal tadka, sorbet, desserts.....Each and everything we tried was awesome. From appetizer to main course to desserts, thumbs up to everything.
Highly recommend. It is expensive so, one can go for set lunch menu and can try different things.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Akamra
Singapore
“Impressive Indian Fine Dining”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been hearing about Punjab Grill for a while. Mostly about which are the best Indian Restaurant in Singapore. Punjab Grill is always on the top mentioned list. Finally I have a chance to try out this famous restaurant with my fellow colleague for a business lunch.

When we arrive at the restaurant, the wall of wine caught my attention, what a nice statement that represent the status of the restaurant. Inside the restaurant, you can see the kitchen through a window at the back the restaurant. Nice little touch that shows you how your food was prepared. The ambience of the restaurant is quiet and cozy as compared to the MBS bright light setting. It is perfect to have business lunch where you can have conversation while enjoying the great service.

There are many foods that day. We had more than 10 courses meal. Here are some of the foods that really steal my heart.

Cheese garlic Naan – Although this is not the first time I had cheese prata. But I really love the creamy saltiness taste of the cheese. It goes very well with the dips.

Chicken and almond soup – A normal looking soup that turn out to be the wonderful surprise of great taste and starter. The soup is more creamy based and it really kick-start my appetite.

Tikka Platter – This is the wow factor that you will not get in other place. There are 3 type of dish on this platter. Salmon Tikka, which is the signature of the restaurant, chicken Tikka and Lamb kebab. The food is presented in a very modern fine dinning style. What a nice idea to put all three great dishes together where you can enjoy these signatures Tikka and grill food. This is a must have if you come here.

Foie Gras – I was very surprise that there is Foie Gras served in Indian Cuisine. This show the creativities of the chef to create fusion food yet keep the traditional food great. The Foie Gras was served with a mini naan. And it was really good.

Lamb Biryani Rice – When we order biryani rice, I was not expected it would be serve in such a fine dinning style. The Biryani Rice was served with a nicely decorated plate with grilled asparagus and yogurt. Just when I thought that all for the biryani rice, the waiter served us with the dal and my favourite butter chicken. These combinations really make me a happy biryani man. The waiter will ask you if you need a top up for your rice or butter chicken. More chicken please.

Finally the meal ends with the 4 in 1 dessert. What a delightful sight when the waiter places the dessert in front of me. These desserts really make a really happy ending meal for me.

I am very impressed with the meal. This is a place where you can confidently bring your business guest who wish for some local Indian Cuisine. I will surely come back here next time.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great North Indian Food at MBS!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Came to Punjab Grill for a business lunch recently. It was a first time for me at this restuarant, which is tucked away at the end of MBS Shoppes, located the opposite end of MBS from the Helix Bridge (in case you need get your bearings). MBS is huge and you can get lost looking for this restaurant.

The restuarant has a mini open concept, where you get to see the chefs prepare the food in 3 tandoors (ovens): 1 for breads (naans), 1 for vegetarian dishes and 1 for meats.

We tried a variety of dishes and the standouts were:
- Mushroom and Almond Soup (Good! They served a hot soup bowl with almonds and poured the mushroom soup at your table.)
- Tawa Scallops (Scallops were nicely marinated and great tasting. The scallops were served atop shot glasses and they resembled the MBS towers)
- Foie Gras with mini naan (very good!)
- Tandoori Salmon, Lamb and Yoghurt Chicken (Salmon and chicken were very well marinated and had great taste!)
- Lamb Dum Briyani (Rice was soft and tasty, which went well with the lamb which was cooked with the rice)
The staff introduced the dishes when the food were served and they were well versed with the menu.

Overall, the experience was great and will definitely be back for more.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food ... great location ... great service.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On my husband recommended that we take our friends from Shanghai to eat here on Saturday night. Best recommendation he's made since marrying me!

We went for the set menu. Its five courses and filling. Very filling!

The food was well prepared, well presented and tasty. The service was excellent and understated.

The best comment I can make is that most of the tables were occupied by Indians.

• Visited August 2013