“Disappointing”
Review of Punjab Grill

Punjab Grill
Ranked #145 of 10,645 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

During my transit from NZ I decided to try the Punjab grill had heard a lot of good stuff about it.,we reached for lunch though we were seated promptly the ambience was laid back and service reasonable I cannot say professional as the drinks I ordered was served after a couple of reminders that to after the arrival of my kebab platter,I had opted for a kebab special was disappointed as no one explained what kebabs were served to me also the bread(garlic nan) was served with chicken birayani a combination which was not accepted from a authentic Indian restaurant ,though the good part was the vegetarian fare ordered by my guests I just wished I had done the same......it definitely cannot be rated as fine dining,and with what it charges it is disappointing,

1 Thank Rchandan

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Wonderful suprise”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I must say this restaurant was a wonderful suprise. We stubled over the restaurant on a rainy shopping day, and the food blew us away. Our lunch almost became dinner, we didn't want to go.

And the staff gave us a great service the whole time.

We reccomend this in all ways.

1 Thank Christian D
Punjabgrill, Director of Sales at Punjab Grill, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed your experience of dining at Punjab Grill.

We would appreciate if you could send any particular feedback you have to info@punjabgrill.com.sg

We do look forward to seeing you again
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“awesome tasty food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As we Indian are very fond of Indian food and always hunt for it where ever we go, yes off course even on Antarctica ;)
so this time while in Singapore we wished to eat in Indian food, as we were shopping in Shopper's at bay i knew that there is Punjab Grill by Jigs Karla, so we went there with some of our friends...the ambiance was very good, so were the staff polite and prompt.
The ingredients used were very high quality i must say which made the whole food more tastier, Amritsari fish was really tasty, fresh catch. soft and succulent , so has Aloo Pratha perfectly soft and buttered, and my most fav. Panchratni daal is still dominating my dreams :) very tasty and expensive experience but worth and i will surely go there again :)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank meghashri
Singapore
“Taking Indian cuisine to a new level”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have not had Indian food presented and tasting like this ever. The tandoori prawns and lobster were awesome and the paan shot at the end of the meal was a mind blowing innovation. The prices looked high but considering that the staff was courteous enough to tell us that two portions of each dish would be enough for the 8 of u, it's good value at the end if the day.

Service was a tad slow but it's still very courteous and doesn't take anything away from the overall experience

Will be back here for sure

• Visited January 2013
Sammamish, Washington
“Over hyped”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had heard a lot about this restaurant and decided to try it out while I was in Singapore. Judging by the name and the location (Marina Bay Sands),you would already have guessed that this is one of the most expensive restaurants in this area.

The main course at this restaurant doesn't come close to the North Indian food that you are used to in Delhi or other parts of North India. It feels like you are having Indian food but you simply cannot place the type of Indian food that you are having.

The only thing good in this restaurant are the starters. Everything else is not worth the price they charge you for it!

• Visited July 2012
Thank you for visiting and for your feedback on your experience.

The cuisine we serve is a little different from what you find by default in Delhi or North India. Our cuisine has influences of the North West Frontier cuisine and so has influences of Afghani and Peshawari food too.

We do look forward to seeing you again