“Dirty, dirty, dirty... that's the only word that can describe the place”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchid Hotel

Ranked #92 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“Dirty, dirty, dirty... that's the only word that can describe the place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I checked in, pointed out to the manager that the room was dirty (visible stains on the floor and bed linen, dust on all surfaces, hairs on the bed linen and pillows).
They changed my room with one that had exactly the same faults, only, less stains on the floor.
Then I went for dinner and they ensured that meanwhile they were going to do housekeeping... which they claim they did, but I found the room exactly as it was!
They changed me room a 3rd time, and it was even worse! no hair on the bed (so I suppose I can sleep there) but the toilet seat was so visibly dirty that I had to clean it myself. It is now past midnight so I have no other option than sleep in, but this is the last night they'd see me in this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank AlexDown_17
Ivan K, Director of Sales at Orchid Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Orchid Hotel! Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We appreciate every comment from our guests, allowing us to constantly improve our service.

We do regret the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.
On behalf of our management team, our Front Office Manager had already met up with you after you had highlighted this issue to us and assisted you in every way possible.
Noting that you had originally planned to check out today, We at Orchid Hotel would like to wish you a safe flight back.

We do still hope you will give our hotel a chance the next time you visit Singapore again.

Orchid Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

For the price it charges, I am quite happy with the accommodations and the services/efficiency of the staff. There is an MRT Station right across the street, two major supermarkets nearby, lots of eateries and coffee shops within walking distance. This is my second visit to this hotel and I will definitely be coming back here the next time around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nishrshei
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your very kind comments and we do hope that you will experience a much better stay every time you return to stay with us. Comments like yours would continually spur us to improve our service standards and efficiency in every single staff who pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the comfort of our guests.

On behalf of our team at Orchid Hotel, We look forward to welcome you back for another great stay with us the next time.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was booked into the Orchid Hotel for 1 night by my company for a recent business trip. The hotel is in a very convenient location being in the business CBD. There also an MRT station across the road which is very convenient.
The room and furniture was very dated but the bathroom had received a recent makeover. Breakfast was average at best and I actually didn’t bother having anything and went to Starbucks down the road.
The gym had new equipment but was very small, at the time I was the only one in there so it was ok for the one work out. The pool was beside the gym so great to cool off and was very big. I wouldn’t choose this hotel when using my own money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sean b
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The room rate and location is not bad but their service and handling are unbelievably poor.
The accident happened in the night, I came from good dinner and getting back to the room, but the room key doesn't work, so I get down to the front desk, they says they'll provide a alternative key card. However they keeps me waiting at the lobby more than 30min. Finally I could get a new key after 40mim, it is difficult to understand to keep guest wait very long time at the lobby in a midnight.

2nd story is more serious.
I sent my 4 cloths to the hotel laundry service on a first day, but it'll never return back me. I asked 3 times to the front desk but they keep says just "just a moment".
Finally, the hotel manager appears and he suddenly says "we might lost your cloths, so let solve this problem by money" and then "how much was your cloths?"
I dissapointed his attitude and he never says sorry for me.

Is this a hospitality of hotel?
Location is very good, but their service and handling is very poor.

• Stayed October 2013
13 Thank nozomuyaegashi
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here during formula one and had a great time! It is in a great location and was one of the only hotels which didn't charge ludacris prices. Only one or two stops away from the shops and a stone throws away from the mrt! Would definitely recommend this hotel.....plus there are many great Asian restaurants nearby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chloe L
Zug, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you like deep-pile carpets this is the place to be. We do not like them and that's why we only give a three point rating. The cotton buds provided in the bathroom were dirty (see attached photo) although they where packed individually.
But besides that due to it's location the Orchid Hotel is a good starting point for excursions. If you are light on your feet Marina Bay can be reached by walking.
Because of the fairly good room prices we recommend the Orchid Hotel to people who just need a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lars M
Ivan K, Director of Sales at Orchid Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for alerting this issue to us so we would be able to ensure this would not affect any other guests in future.
We have alerted our Executive Housekeeper and supplier immediately about the cotton buds and will follow up closely with regards to this and we will be ordering a fresh batch and all the old boxes will be thrown out.

On behalf of our team at Orchid Hotel, We look forward to welcome you back for another great stay with us the next time you are back in Singapore.

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite centrally located in Tanjung Pagar close to the MRT. Rooms are quite big , actually though I was alone I got a room with one double and one single bed which could easily accomodate 3 people. Its not a very new hotel but given the rates in Singapore certainly worth it if someone wants to stay in this part of the city. I had someone stay at the new Carlton hotel just next door to this one, and we both agreed that the premium he was having to pay was just not worth it. So in all, nothing extraordinary, but not bad.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo